Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying Lexus 200

Hi

Am looking to buy a Lexus IS 200 any feed back on what i should know would be most helpful.

Tim

Hi Tim, welcome to the forums

if you scroll a few pages through this main forum you'll find people who have been in the same position as you. here what i put on the last post for this topic. (ive owned an Is200 since i was 19-im 24 now and my friends still envy me, you wont regret it!)

First of all check the service history - these cars are almost bulletproof provided their looked after. low milage examples- especially at that age should have had their cambelt changed, these can be quite costly so if it hasnt had this done deduct £300 - £400 from the asking price.

Secondly - check the alloys, they do corrode quite badly, make sure they're in decent condition

Thirdly - check the Cd player, ideally take a cd with you, press load and pop your cd in when the light turns green. The Cd players are good, but if its a faulty unit it will come up ERROR 4 etc on the screen and wont play you Cd. this can be expensive to replace/ repair and most fit an aftermarket unit because of this.

the last thing I would check would be to HPi check it, as with all cars - this includes the engine/chassis number. Cars can be easily cloned, so walk away if your not certain/sure.

im sure other members will add to my post, but i consider these the most common things to look out for - aside from the obvious.

Hope this has helped you

lloyd

Not getting at anyone, but I wouldn't be surprised if the regulars get a bit bored of answering this same question over and over, so simply tend not to bother responding anymore.

Perhaps it would be worth a moderator pulling out a few of the best tips, and combining them into one post as a generic buyers' guide that could be made sticky and locked.

Not getting at anyone, but I wouldn't be surprised if the regulars get a bit bored of answering this same question over and over, so simply tend not to bother responding anymore.

Perhaps it would be worth a moderator pulling out a few of the best tips, and combining them into one post as a generic buyers' guide that could be made sticky and locked.

a very good idea, a simple buying guide perhaps ? what to look out for etc

My other (better?) half has a habit of answering questions a bit like that, usually about her missing car key when she's blocked me in and I need to go somewhere!

And like my response to her I'd have to say that it can't really do it's job very well if nobody can find it!

Does anyone have a link to it that we could put a sticky post pointing towards?

10 seconds on the Search function :)

Here's the buyer's guide in the LOC Knowledgebase for the IS200:

Buyers Guide

Fairy Nuff, but if you can educate all newbies in one go to find and read that (rather than just posting here first), then you're a better man than I! :winky:

Thanks for the link, I'll see if I can get it pinned.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links