Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400H, And Some More Dumb Questions...

I have a 2006 (on a '55 plate) RX400h and want to ask a few questions...

1. Why, when i start the car (READY showing) does the engine sometimes start? The batteries have loads of power in them, so it cant be due to them being low on power. I was hoping that when i start up very early in the morning i could drive away without any noise, but this isnt so, some of the time.

2. Why does the reversing camera sometimes say 'guidance unavailable'?

3. The 2 buttons operating the moon roof appear to do exactly the same thing. Both can tilt the roof and both can retract the roof too? What is the point in 2 buttons?

Hi

1. This is probably to do with engine temperature. The hybrid system tries to keep the engine (particularly the catalytic converter) at optimum temperature, so you will find that if the engine is cold it will start up, irrespective of power in the batteries.

2. I've seen this once or twice, I think mainly in the mode where it has guided parking (i.e. there's a box on the screen and if you do full lock turns then it will park in the box). I rarely use that mode, but a 'guidance failure' may be something to do with it not having a good reference on steering angle etc before starting out. I've perhaps seen it a couple of times in 30 months so if it's a regular thing for you it may need checking out.

3. Er... it doesn't on my '08 model. I've never fathomed why the sunroof needs two buttons, every previous car has a combined button whilch closes the pan/tilt and then, on reselecting, opens the roof in the other mode. However, my 'pan' just pans and the 'tilt' just tilts. Unless someone's been at the electrics it seems an odd design change to make - someone must have asked why there were two buttons with identical functions and the 'solution' was to take half the functionality away from each button.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links