Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400H - Only £300 Off ?

Really like the 400h -and this particular one - don't want to name dealer/spec of car in case they monitor this (do they ?)

They claim £300 off is the best deal ? It is now less than parkers and what car valuations

They keep cutting the price themselves !

Is best strategy to hold out to end of month ?

I guess with 4/5 days prep time between deposit and handover this may put the last agreement date for october at next monday - the 25th

Be great to get advice

Let me get this right.

You've seen the car that you've fallen in love with, right?

You're buying from a Lexus Main Dealer, right?

You're paying less than Parkers and What Car valuations, right?

You're spending a lot of money, do you want to lose the car for the sake of a couple of hundred £s ?

Buy it now. You may regret holding back and losing the car that you want.

Best of luck, Graham.

Without knowing what the price is for what spec, mileage etc it would be impossible to say if £300 is good or not. But less than Parkers and I reckon you have already got your "Deal"

Well it all depends on how much you are willing to pay. Clearly the Dealer knows you are keen, so why drop the price? IMHO, most 400h are over priced to start with. And buying from a Dealer, you are paying top money. Do you honestly believe that on a £20K car the best discount they can offer is £300? Come on, seriously...

At the end of the day you clearly love the car, and the Dealer knows it. Any chance of a proper discount has gone out the window methinks ;)

There are plenty of 400h floating about - both privately and in the Lexus network. I would choose wisely and do my homework. And as for Parkers and What Car, they might as well be full of fancy. When was the last time you saw a Dealer use Parkers/What Car to value a car? If you want to know a real price use the Glass' guide or webuyanycar.com - which will give you the bottom book price for your car.

You will then know how much of a bargain (or not) you will be getting.

price is now £700 less than parkers and offer includes next service FOC...

Forget Parkers Buddy, focus on the price you are paying. Although you don't mention any specifics on the car, it is hard to gauge if this is attractive. Meaning if the car is circa £20K then £700 off is nothing - you should be pushing hard for a around 8% discount IMHO as a minimum. However if the car is sub-£10K, then £700 appears reasonable, especially with the next service FOC.

My gut says you really need to do more research and be more informed on price. There's more discount to be had ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links