Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Officially A Member Of The Speedbump Haters Club! ;)

Jimxms

From this (rear)....

img_5226%5B1%5D.jpg

To this (rear)....

img_5266[1].jpg

and from this (front)....

img_5227%5B1%5D.jpg

to this (front)....

img_5268[1].jpg

Spent FAAAAR much more than I wanted to, but the ride...oh the ride makes it feel like a totally different car. I can throw it round corners now without worring about the Mrs falling out the door :P

you on coilovers mate??it looks amazing do the wheels catch the arches?

Yeppers mate :D :D. I knew I was never going to be happy with the drop springs would give, so I just bit the bullet :P

Funnily enough, even tho it looks like they would catch the arches, I've not seen or heard any signs of it yet and today I hit a LOT of varied size/shape speed bumps.

The only problem I did have was going over a speed bump that had stupid f*king spikes coming out the top of it. I heard them scrape along the entire belly of the car :(

Yeppers mate :D :D. I knew I was never going to be happy with the drop springs would give, so I just bit the bullet :P

Funnily enough, even tho it looks like they would catch the arches, I've not seen or heard any signs of it yet and today I hit a LOT of varied size/shape speed bumps.

The only problem I did have was going over a speed bump that had stupid f*king spikes coming out the top of it. I heard them scrape along the entire belly of the car :(

welcome to my world lol.....

how much did you drop it by?

welcome to my world lol.....

how much did you drop it by?

Well bearing in mind that I didnt have a spare wheel in the boot, the rear went down by 80mm and the front by about 50mm. Here's a few quick pixx...

img_5270.jpg

img_5272.jpg

img_5276.jpg

looks sweet lad! :hehe: once u get them bumpers on it will really finish it off! U nat putin on tte side skirts as well?

tte skirts??tte didnt make side skirts it was trd...

what bumpers you got?matey

ps car looks amazing..

oh also you had the alighnment done?

looks sweet lad! :hehe: once u get them bumpers on it will really finish it off! U nat putin on tte side skirts as well?

I've got a TTE front bumper and TTE rear valance (both genuine), but I have to admit i'm not a fan of the TRD side skirts much, so I'll be leaving that as-is.

ps car looks amazing..

oh also you had the alighnment done?

Cheers man. Yeah I got the alignment done at Elite who have a few of those super special Hunter machines or w/e their called. Cost me a fair fed bob to get done though as everything on all wheels was out :(

Im sorry but my car sits the same as yours and ive used 50mm springs. I take it you can go lower??

Love the wheels

Aye could go much lower if I wanted to, but I have to admit those pics of the side of the car don't really do the lowness any justice. The tops of the rear tyres are tucked under the arches when car is empty, and when the kids are in the back the tyres partially tuck under (which is a relief for et30 offset!). Also need to remember I'm running without a spare in the boot which was what made the car look like a cat that had be kicked up the arse previously.

But overall I'm most happy with the ride quality now. The car sits flat no matter whether I be stamping on the gas or brakes and round corners the weight of the car stays fairly evenly distributed and the grip is massively improved. Whats even better is that with the damper settings on the coilovers set mid-way, it still feels much like the Lexus it did previously.

• 3 weeks later...

go lower

Hmmm maybe. I need to see how much clearance I've got at the mo as there are two massive speed humps right outside my house.

I don't want to have to change the damper settings to 'silly hard' either. At the moment its set soft enough that the Mrs and kids dont complain, but hard enough for me for me to feel like I'm driving a much sportier car :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links