Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Gs300 High Pitch Whistling Sound From Engine ! Help

hi again am in need of some more help please, :)

after the fixing of the exhust gasket the engine has now got an high pitch whistling sound, which i think :unsure: is coming from the THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR if not then very near to this because when push down or tap it the sound changes tone ????

has anyone had this before if so how did you fix it please :question:

also does anyone know why this would start after fixing the exhust :question:

many thanks

thanks steve just been out and made sure all bolt on intake are done up and all vacuum pipes are on as they should be,

started the car and no nosie left it running idle for 5 minites still no nosie rev it a little as soon as i touched the throttle it started again ??????

Mmmm did you check all the rubber vacuum hoses for damage,splits etc,another trick is to spray some dampstart/easystart around the intake and hoses whilst the engine is running and the noise is present,if the revs increase that would indicate a vacuum leak,needs careful application to pinpoint and bear in mind the flammability of the stuff and moving parts.

Another possibility is the alternator/drive belt area. eliminate by removing belt and trying without.

Finally you can buy a stethoscope to probe around to listen more accurately for the source of the noise.

yer i did check the pipes yesterday as you said,

though i would double check them again before going to get some easystart this morning,

before checking them i started the car as i did yesterday afternoon let it idle for around 5 minites let the choke come off,

rev a little no whistling :huh: left it again for a few more minites did the same again still no whistling, :unsure:

held the rev's at 3000 still nothing :excl:

went for short drive to see if it would do it under load still nothing, :D

dont get me wrong its a good thing but would like to know what it was, MOT is on friday so if anything is wrong am sure they will pick it up when doing the emissions test :shutit:

thanks for your help steve ;) will let you how i get on friday

tony.

so MOT day no issues thank god for that,

but the whistling comes and goes and did it when the guy was doing the MOT so talking to him after he give me the good news of passing, he said it could be one of two things more likly to be an air leak from one of the vac pipes,

or the butterfly in side the carburetor sticking open a small amount allowing the air to whistle around it is this possable :question:

i think i will go looking for the air leak again 3rd time lucky as they say :excl:

Good news on the MOT pass :D

Yes I guess it could be the throttle body butterfly,they do get a build up of carbon and it may be worth giving it a good clean it certainly wouldn't do any harm.

Good news on the MOT pass :D

Yes I guess it could be the throttle body butterfly,they do get a build up of carbon and it may be worth giving it a good clean it certainly wouldn't do any harm.

ok thanks, do you know if theres any guides on the forums for the throttle body :question: like how to take them off (not so hard) but putting them back together :question:

thanks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links