Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

One Rear Speaker & Sub Woofer Not Working

I've trawled through search but can't find what i am looking for, so maybe someone can help here?

My off side rear speaker and central sub woofer are not working. Occassionally they will work for a couple of minutes, then stop. I presume I have a loose connection going to or coming from the amp.

However, i can't find it! I've a 1995 MkIII and have looked under both front seats to no avail-I can't see a cover with two screws either. Does anyone have a photo of where it is situated?

Thanks

I've trawled through search but can't find what i am looking for, so maybe someone can help here?

My off side rear speaker and central sub woofer are not working. Occassionally they will work for a couple of minutes, then stop. I presume I have a loose connection going to or coming from the amp.

However, i can't find it! I've a 1995 MkIII and have looked under both front seats to no avail-I can't see a cover with two screws either. Does anyone have a photo of where it is situated?

Thanks

I have a poor picture in a parts list and it looks as though it's in the middle of the car

at the front, maybe between the seat or behind the radio console.

Have you looked on the tutorials. Heres a link. http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/

There isnt much about the stereo system but you mioght spot something in one of the pictures.

PS. please dont get tempted to fill your boot with subwoofers though.

Thanks all-butstill cannot find a photo of where the amp is situated-and sir john there is no fear of my filling the boot with other subs-the standard one is more than enough (when it was working!).

There isnt much about the stereo system but you mioght spot something in one of the pictures.

Thanks all-butstill cannot find a photo of where the amp is situated-and sir john there is no fear of my filling the boot with other subs-the standard one is more than enough (when it was working!).

Hi

On the Mk3 the Amp is definitely under the drivers seat

Move the seat fully forward and you will see the amp cover, using a stanley blade remove the 2 X screw caps then remove the 2 x screws and then you will see the amp and its loom connectors.

I break quite a few of these - so if your amp is faulty let me know

Thanks

Maurice

07957 530340

Hi

Move the seat fully forward and you will see the amp cover, using a stanley blade remove the 2 X screw caps then remove the 2 x screws and then you will see the amp and its loom connectors.

Thanks

Maurice

07957 530340

Hi

Thanks

Maurice

07957 530340

Thanks Maurice-I'll have a look in the morning under the drivers seat for anything that looks like screw covers. As it sometimes works (albeit rarely) I am hoping it is just a loose connection somewhere. If not, I'll be in touch.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links