Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Overfueling When Idling?

flyeris

Hello,

I assume that I may have a problem with my car as it tends to overfuel?, especially when cold. The symptoms are continuous smoking (not white, nor black, just excessive) and it also seems to consume bit more fuel than any other IS200. Also, I have tried to read the OBD results (have done that when idling on petrol and fully warm) and some of the results are worth mentioning:

obd.png

The values, which conern me are:

* Calculated Load Value (I have read that it should be 10-20% and mine is 35%! when idling with lights off)

* All Fuel Trim values are positive values, which means that the system thinks that it is running lean and is trying to enrichen the fuel/air mixture.

Any ideas, what might be wrong and where to start checking? Anybody can confirm that my Calculated Load Value is higher than normal?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Jonas

check your plugs,air filter check your air con is cutting in and out when it should..what you mean by exessive?what figures you talking?im around 15mpg around town if not a tad less..

Thanks for your replies, mates!

Ormi, the air filter and plugs are changed approxmately 5-6 months ago - iridium NGK plugs and some aftermarket non-OEM air filter. Well, I didn't have my emissions measured yet, but my car seems to smoke much more than any other car ex. standing in the queue at the traffic light :) Also, your car is highly modified. I usually get 18-20 mpg (LPG) in city traffic.

Mattc, yes, I am familiar with that fact. But the moment, when the petrol switches to LPG brings some smell of LPG into the cabin. It probably should be because of excessive fuel being brought in.

Had anybody did a test with any of these cheap OBDII and saved the falues? Do you remember/can you check the values once idling of Calculated Load Value and Fuel Trim values. I have read one article on the internet, explaining these values, which was very informative. It says, if the Fuel Trim values are positive, it means that the car tries to enrichen the fuel mixture (depending probably on the input from O2 sensors?).

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3828/is_200609/ai_n17191947/

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links