Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

A Couple Of Newbie Is200 Questions?

Hi everyone,

Well loving the IS200 it has to be said.

Just a couple of questions which may seem a little dumb but thought I would ask anyhow!

1. I have an IS200 sport and believe it is the same as an IS200 SE except mine has the perforated pedals and slightly lower suspension. Is there anything else which is different between the models?

2. Can you lock your ignition key in the car when it is not in the ignition? I noticed that on my car it looks on its own after a short while and if the key is not in the ignition when the doors are open the alarm goes off! So not sure if this is normal?

3. One of my key fobs does not open the doors when the button is pressed so assume the Battery needs replacing in it. Does this have to be done at Lexus? I tried to open the door manualy with the key and the alarm went off!!!! Even with the key in the ignition the alarm remained!

Apart from these questions, love the car! Just got a slight dent in the drivers side door where some bugger hit in in the car park in Tescos and put a very slight dent in the door presumably from their door hitting mine. Hoping that I can use dent devils service to pull it out.

Many thanks in advance guys.

Wayne

hi.if it anything like the gs300, then yes you can lock your keys in the car, ( unless there in ignition) mine locks it self after about a minute IF the boot or back doors are chut last, as long as you chut front doors last it dont lock itself, what ever you do dont put keys in boot when you get your shopping out and shut it,

1. If it's a Sport it should have a limited slip differential.

2. The car only auto-locks if you press the unlock button on the key fob but then don't open any of the doors within about 30 seconds. It assumes that the button was pressed accidentally so will lock itself. Shouldn't be able to lock the keys in the ignition as you would have already opened the door in order to be able to put them in the ignition anyway.

3. The Battery in the key fob can be changed easily enough at home. Just need a small cross-head screwdriver. A replacement Battery can be found on eBay for a couple of quid. May as well do all the key fobs to be on the safe side.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links