Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dealer Refuses To Work On My Car!

Hi,

I find it strange that my local dealer refuses to work on my car.

I have a LS400 which was imported from Japan. (It's a 1999 Toyota Celsior)

I phoned my local Lexus dealer to ask for a quote on a cam belt change. As soon as they learnt that it is an import they refused to give me a quote. They say that they do not work on imported vehicles.

Do you think Toyota might carry out the work? Has anybody faced this problem?

Does anyone know any reputable garage that can look after my Lexus.

Many thanks

BTW I live in Coventry.

Why not try the local Toyota Dealer first ........ then if you get the same obfuscation I would look for any competent cambelt changing mechanic who would probably leap at the opportunity to do your work.

Malc

Ask Lexus UK and Toyota UK at Head office to point you in the right direction?

Then you will have someone in authorty to complain to, especially when you mention "brand image" and how your "brand loyalty" is being effected.

Unfortunately both Lexus and Toyota are Listers in Coventry and next door to each other. Would have thought they might have mentioned trying next door rather than losing the work.

I'm going to speak to head office and see what they have to say.

A HPI was done on the car and it came up as a Toyota Celsior. I have to try Toyota aswell.

Mine is also a Celsior albeit a little older and I used to go to Toyota for parts until the parts guy mentioned a surcharge on parts as it was "an import".

The part numbers for the same year Celsior and Lexus LS400 are different even for common items such as oil filters but they are exactly the same parts only the Celsior price is always higher.

I now ring my local Lexus parts department and after checking the Lexus model part numbers quote these only so Toyota and Celsior are not mentioned and low and behold the part fits the same but the price is lower.

It makes me smile all Lexus cars are imports they are built in Japan and imported into the UK.

My local Lexus and Toyota dealers are next door to each other,when I bought 10 litres of ATF 5 came from Lexus and the other 5 from Toyota!

How about walking into Lexus at a combined dealership and after taking a seat in the plush showroom with your cup of freshly made coffee you politely enquire about a test drive in a Yaris!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links