Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Uncommon Problem With Is200 Engine/electronics.

simon bosti

Hello

I'm stuck on an uncommon problem with my IS200 (99year, 155hp 1G-FE engine).

Few days ago I encountered that check engine light started showing with blinking TRC OFF light with low revolutions rised to the level of 3 thousand rounds per minute. I encountered similiar effect (with ligths) in the past, when one of engine coils has broken - that time, with one broken coil, my IS lost lot of power and whole was burbling. When I changed engine coil everything was ok until nowadays. Since coil problem I did 8 thousand kilometres. Nowadays problem is diffrent becouse when I disconnect car's Battery (to clear faults from memory) my IS back to normal - low revolutions go to level of 800-900 rounds per minute and I don't feel happening with high revolutions frequent (about 2 to 4 seconds) very light burble, until effect happens again. Between moments of clearing faults from memory (by disconnecting car's battery) and encounting faults again I am able do the distance of 20-50 kilometres. I observed that faults happen when engine is loaded (for example when I brake). I also observed that there is time delay of 2-5 seconds between low revolutions go to level of 3 thousand rpm and check engine light with TRC OFF blinking light shows.

I had this faults about 6-8 times until now.

Maybe also weather has something in common with this fault. We have lot of snow here since 2 weeks.

Maybe someone of you encoutered this problem in the past. If this is trfile I can do it by myself (like with changing coil). Maybe you could advice me where should I search the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Simon

Hi there,

You may have done so already, but you need to check the fault code using a OBD tester. All garages should have them and charge about £30 for the privilege.

Maybe that will point you in the right direction for your problem.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links