Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Universal Remote Controls

steve2006

I recently bought one of those fancy remotes from Aldi that you can set up for any model.

I have entered all the codes in the book ( there were many!) and then tried the search method but none seem to work.

The method I used was to put the remote in program mode,enter the code and then press the MUTE button but the wife's voice can still be heard!

I have also replaced the batteries for alkaline ones,should I keep trying or take the remote and/or wife back to Aldi for a refund?

Lol easy fix.....

This one I know...

After entering code don't forget to press "SAVE" before trying it out,

also don't forget to point remote at front of wife, most don't have any sense or sensors behind.

Good luck... Post up if this works...

Steve

I followed your instructions and the car started up and drove away by itself,the TV started receiving Russian programs,the curtains fell down and the cat started barking! The wife however continues to talk :whistling:

Vorsprung dork Aldi!

This is proving tricky....

Now the car has gone u might as well stay in and learn Russian!!!

The curtains falling down is not a problem as long as ur dressed !!!

Don't put anymore food out for the cat and the barking issue will go away soon .

Can't help with the wife at this point.... I think they all do it. :crybaby:

Might as well get ur money back on the remote , I googled it and either no one else had a problem or they only sold one ...lol yours !!!

Lol Steve

Mute doesn't work for this circumstance. You have to use 'off' or 'delete'. Sometimes 'sleep' will work, but usually only after 'repeat' has been used many times.

I've returned the remote control and swapped it for a "Brain Top Box" this will apparently convert her from analogue to digital and should make it easier to control.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links