Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help With Bhp Mods?

dan-353

hi i have just become a member on here and need some help, i have got a black lexus is 200 se. so far i have got a nice induction kit, i have changed the spark plugs and brought a blitz racing oil filter and changed the oil, got a debadged grill, omp deep dish steering wheel, 7 inch screen dvd head unit, i thought it was quite quick when i first got it goin from a bmw 318is to the lexus but it now feels a bit slugish and slow and the handling is crap, im gonna get some ray's engineering wheels and some d2 coilovers and deck it that will sort the handling out but i need some help with the speed i have been lookin at the altezza duel vvti black top engine but i want to try something else with mine first can any 1 help me with what to buy and were to get it from please??????

Hi

other mods you may want to look at for handelling are strut braces. These will stop any chassis flex between the towers.

Performance wise? - well you could get a supercharger kit for your engine, but tbh this will reallistically only get you to around 200bhp, and will cost around £4k all in I would think.

If you did a BEAMS blacktop conversion however, the block, gearbox and ecu can probably be picker up for around £1100. You would also need the subframe as the Altezza has different mounting points to take the beams so you would bneed an altezza subframe or pay for some custom mounts welding in.

Apart from that Im pretty sure you prop shaft and diff will be fine. So prob four around £1500 all in you could get 200-210 bhp

HTH

Cheers

Mike

charger approx £2000 a noise you will never forget...dont know were this 4k is coming from??if your handy with a spanner you can fit the charger in just over 2 hours i did outside my house...

dont bother with the beams conversion too much greef and cost (well over the £1500) ie wiring issues etc if it wasn't greef we'd have all done this insead of supercharging/turboing our is200.

just sell the 200 and buy the altezza that would be far easyer..

strut braces wont really do much unless you are running a silly hard suspension and have braced up the lower suspension..the is's strut tops dont really flex much..

charger approx £2000 a noise you will never forget...dont know were this 4k is coming from??if your handy with a spanner you can fit the charger in just over 2 hours i did outside my house...dont bother with the beams conversion too much greef and cost (well over the £1500) ie wiring issues etc if it wasn't greef we'd have all done this insead of supercharging/turboing our is200.just sell the 200 and buy the altezza that would be far easyer..strut braces wont really do much unless you are running a silly hard suspension and have braced up the lower suspension..the is's strut tops dont really flex much..

Is that £2000 for a 'supercharger kit' with intercooler etc. or just for the charger itself? Do you know where the best place to source one from would be? As I may be looking at getting one during the summer. :)

yip thats for it all the prices range from £2000 to £2500 the only problem is they are rare but ill listen out for you mate..

Nice one :) yee I realised that during my research, even harder to find than motorised nav housings! lol Wasn't willing to pay 5K for the Rotrex ones Prolex are selling! :o I'll start keeping an eye on my piggy bank.

charger approx £2000 a noise you will never forget...dont know were this 4k is coming from??if your handy with a spanner you can fit the charger in just over 2 hours i did outside my house...

dont bother with the beams conversion too much greef and cost (well over the £1500) ie wiring issues etc if it wasn't greef we'd have all done this insead of supercharging/turboing our is200.

just sell the 200 and buy the altezza that would be far easyer..

strut braces wont really do much unless you are running a silly hard suspension and have braced up the lower suspension..the is's strut tops dont really flex much..

Ok mate thanks very much, i have got a couple of years car mechanics behind me and i am a qualified welder fabricator and machinist so i can do quite alot of mods 2 anything if i need 2. cheers buddy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links