Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Extended Warranty

Having owned my RX400h now for nearly 12 months i recieved a letter from Lexus today with regards extending the Lexuscare warranty which is something i was keen to do, But after picking myself up off the floor i dont think i will as at £995.00 i think this is excessive for 12 months cover. I know if i have any major problems then it would be money well spent but hopefully a car which is just over 4 years old i would like to think it would be ok. Just wondered what every one else thought or is there any cheaper alternatives available.

Cheers

Phil.

No question about it, it's WELL worth the money IF you have a problem. I paid for the extended warranty right up until the seventh year (that's when they will no longer provide a warranty). Over the seven years I made various claims (one with a total of £6k)and Lexus kept their end of the bargain every time. Don't even consider any alternatives, as they are no use at all. It's up to you, shell out the money or take your chances !!! PS: Two weeks after my warranty expired, my radiator packed up and the bill at Lexus was over £400, but I got it done privately for £280. Goodluck.

I'll second (and third and fourth if necessary) how good the Lexus Warranty is. Yup its pricey, but it pays out no doubt without hassle/issue. Remember, stuff like your chromatic (auto dimming) wing mirrors will also be covered and if one should stop working, then you simply do not replace the mirror glass itself but the entire unit, which comes unpainted - I have posted on here my warranty claims (of which this was one) and how Lexus Warranty paid out without quibble.

I would not be without Lexus' warranty when running a vehicle like this. I challenge ANY Third Party Warranty company to cover such a claim. Think very carefully before you decide to ditch it for the cost. The product is solid.

Hi, I should have also mentioned that the price differs from buying it direct from Lexus GB and a Lexus dealer (dealer price can be cheaper). The price can also vary from Lexus dealer to dealer, so if you have a few Lexus dealers close to you, phone round. Also if you buy more than one year at a time, the price will be cheaper, but that's a hello of a lot of money to shell out in advance.

Thanks for your reply's, i believe 0ne stipulation is that you have the car seviced at a Lexus Authorised dealer for the warranty to be valid. I for one will not be having my RX serviced at Lexus. I have had a Is 200 seviced at my local Lexus dealer in the past and was not impressed, i have there for, For the past 20 years have been getting my toyota's and later IS, GS and now my RX serviced at independant toyota/lexus dealer in Norwich superb service and price.

Cheers

Phil.

Hi, I should have also mentioned that the price differs from buying it direct from Lexus GB and a Lexus dealer (dealer price can be cheaper). The price can also vary from Lexus dealer to dealer, so if you have a few Lexus dealers close to you, phone round. Also if you buy more than one year at a time, the price will be cheaper, but that's a hello of a lot of money to shell out in advance.

This is incorrect information. The warranty is the same price at all dealers. I can confirm this as i work for a Lexus dealer and the dealers make nothing out of selling the warranty only the person who sells it gets a few high street vouchers.

This is incorrect information. The warranty is the same price at all dealers. I can confirm this as i work for a Lexus dealer and the dealers make nothing out of selling the warranty only the person who sells it gets a few high street vouchers.

Definately go with the lexus warranty, i had a warranty with warranty direct and to be honest its not even worth wiping your arse with!!! I spend £450 on the warranty but found they really didnt cover anything and on top of this you have to pay 20% of all costs. Utter rubbish!!

Having owned my RX400h now for nearly 12 months i recieved a letter from Lexus today with regards extending the Lexuscare warranty which is something i was keen to do, But after picking myself up off the floor i dont think i will as at £995.00 i think this is excessive for 12 months cover. I know if i have any major problems then it would be money well spent but hopefully a car which is just over 4 years old i would like to think it would be ok. Just wondered what every one else thought or is there any cheaper alternatives available.

Cheers

Phil.

Yes that is quite a lot, but then you have a hell of a lot of car ! So far as I am aware, you get a reasonable discount if you go for a two year package, if of course you intend to keep the car that long.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links