Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cheapest Car Insurer In High Risk Areas

Hi all,

I live in one of the highest risk post codes area in manchester unfortunately. My renewal price went from 820 to 1500 for fully comp, the chepst quote sofar is 1150 from admiral.

Sky insurance dont quote for my covrer, have tried all comparison sites. Any idea where i can try?

Hi all,

I live in one of the highest risk post codes area in manchester unfortunately. My renewal price went from 820 to 1500 for fully comp, the chepst quote sofar is 1150 from admiral.

Sky insurance dont quote for my covrer, have tried all comparison sites. Any idea where i can try?

Where in manchesterare you mate. M13 post code is almost impossible to get a quote for. M11 is very high as well. I live M43 I pay £900 a year on motor traders policy covers me and the wife to drive any car. My house is 3 streets away from M11 postcode. Might be an idea to register your car at a mates house few streets away in diffrent postcode or use your parents house for a quote see what happens. I was watching The One Show last night on tv they was talking abotu very same thing. M13 postcode came otu as one of highest in country.

Another tip is to put someone on policy thats older than you middle aged drivers bring policy down. My mother in law used to be on mine brought it down about 100 quid even though she never drove the car, the fact she could do brough it down because if she was driving i couldnt be.

Hi mate. I live in m8 area. So luckly came 2nd than m13!

You cannot use somebody else post code bexause it counts as insurance fraud.

Otherwise my frd lives in scotland i could have used his post code which gives me quote of £450!

So my only option is find a genuine cheap insurance provider.

Ps. I already have my sister as second driver which brings down insurance by £300 .

Why would it be fraud?? log book states that it registered keeper not the owner!!. THe new red v5 document has that written clearly across the front of it

Still classed as FRAUD. If you put your mates address as registered keeper then you would have to put his name on the V5 as registered keeper also which would make him the main driver in the eyes of the insurer. So you would be a named driver but actually the main driver. All these silly scams help to drive up premiums for everyone.

Why would it be fraud?? log book states that it registered keeper not the owner!!. THe new red v5 document has that written clearly across the front of it

Still classed as FRAUD. If you put your mates address as registered keeper then you would have to put his name on the V5 as registered keeper also which would make him the main driver in the eyes of the insurer. So you would be a named driver but actually the main driver. All these silly scams help to drive up premiums for everyone.

Dont agree in the slightest my cars are registered at my units address i know for a fact i dont live there. Also isnt every company car registered at the company address?? so everyone lives at there office do they??.Registered keeper and pwner are or can be 2 diffrent things. My brother is curently driving one of my cars Its regstered at my units address but insured for him to drive nothign illegal in that at all. My place of work has 6 vehicles all registered in owners names at care of address So my foremans names is registered andy brookes c/o smiths autos nothing wrong in it at all. Registered keeper is nothing more than a mailing address. Not a single one of the cars i have owned in the last 10 years have been registered at my house and afterall thats where i live. I have a motor traders policy which is exaclty what i suggested in my original post. Think you will find every trader on the planet doesnt register cars at his/her own home address thats if they register to themselves at all. I dotn have to inform my insurance company of what cars i own once its owned by me (reciept will do as proof) its covered for me to drive, Of course i drive round with insurance in my wallet as non of my cars show up on anpr cameras as being insured. Bil of sale proves ownership not v5 log book. This is exaclty why i suggested a traders policy. Oh and not being a trader doesnt matter if you have ever bought and sold a car your a trader. Bought it sold it, thats trading isnt it!

Its not about where its registered at.

Its more to do with the fact that if you say your car is kept at X location and it then gets knicked from outside your house that is in Y location. You would have a tough time getting any money back from the insurance as you ahve provided false details about the car.

Dont agree in the slightest my cars are registered at my units address i know for a fact i dont live there. Also isnt every company car registered at the company address?? so everyone lives at there office do they??.Registered keeper and pwner are or can be 2 diffrent things. My brother is curently driving one of my cars Its regstered at my units address but insured for him to drive nothign illegal in that at all. My place of work has 6 vehicles all registered in owners names at care of address So my foremans names is registered andy brookes c/o smiths autos nothing wrong in it at all. Registered keeper is nothing more than a mailing address. Not a single one of the cars i have owned in the last 10 years have been registered at my house and afterall thats where i live. I have a motor traders policy which is exaclty what i suggested in my original post. Think you will find every trader on the planet doesnt register cars at his/her own home address thats if they register to themselves at all. I dotn have to inform my insurance company of what cars i own once its owned by me (reciept will do as proof) its covered for me to drive, Of course i drive round with insurance in my wallet as non of my cars show up on anpr cameras as being insured. Bil of sale proves ownership not v5 log book. This is exaclty why i suggested a traders policy. Oh and not being a trader doesnt matter if you have ever bought and sold a car your a trader. Bought it sold it, thats trading isnt it!

From various posts it appears that you always have a slant on how to try to get round legalities. You said your traders insurance covered you and your wife but now say your brother is also covered. You stated that you had a traders policy but did not actually suggest that the OP should take one out, merely that he should use a mates address....which would be fraudulent. The OP was asking for advice as to any potentially cheaper insurers, not asking for dubious scams to lower insurance quotes.

Its not about where its registered at.

Its more to do with the fact that if you say your car is kept at X location and it then gets knicked from outside your house that is in Y location. You would have a tough time getting any money back from the insurance as you ahve provided false details about the car.

Or it simply got stolen whilst at your friends house,or can insurance companies dictate were you sleep at night. Insurance companies ask were is the car"usually" kept at night. Not always kept at night. Its not down to insurance companies where you go or who you visit. If your car gets knicked from Tesco car park are you not covered. You car can get knicked anytime night or day from any place insurance companies cannot refuse to pay out on the basis your car got knicked from an address other than your house!

What about a holiday home ? would you need to cars one registered at each house?

From various posts it appears that you always have a slant on how to try to get round legalities. You said your traders insurance covered you and your wife but now say your brother is also covered. You stated that you had a traders policy but did not actually suggest that the OP should take one out, merely that he should use a mates address....which would be fraudulent. The OP was asking for advice as to any potentially cheaper insurers, not asking for dubious scams to lower insurance quotes.

Whats dubious about it i dont understand your comment. The insurance company want to know who the owner is. Thats why they ask "does the car belong to you" they dont ask whos name is on the log book as the log book is not proof of ownership.

As for my brother being insured, whilst he is in my car hes driving it for me therefore works for me and is covered as an employee on my traders policey. Its a clause in the policey as,if i buy a car i have to collect it and cant drive 2 cars back. Non of my cars are registered at my address and their covered that was my point about using a mates address a bill of sale is proof of ownership not a log book.

I also pointed out using a care of address was exceptable as all the cars registered to my work (day job) are registered at a care off address. Its evading company car tax not an insurance scam. Simply buy the car yourself, then register it as a care of your company address. That way the company pick up the tab for the road tax and any other running cost but as you bought the car yourself its not a company car as the company didnt purchase it. Non of it is a scam. My garage (day job) and my own company (Nothing more than a lock up where i do the odd job out of hours and buy and sell cars from) both use the system both were advised to do so by accountants, its called clever not scaming or dubious. Loop holes in the law and wording of contracts should be used to our benifit,Lets face it if theres a loop hole for the insurance to not pay out i bet they would use it!!

Theres no reason at all if you have a detached garage,why you cant call that garage 22a (if your house was 22) and use it as a postal address. You can even register your car at a p.o. box address. You address is somthing the post office use to make sure you get your male,It shouldnt be use by insurance companies to bump up your policy if you have the wrong numbers in it. My earlier post refered to an M11 postcode and it being 2-3 streets away from my house. I have M43 postcode. I get way cheaper insurance than if i had M11. M11 is rough area, if a cargets robbed of my estate it usually gets robbed by someoen from the M11 postcode. Think you will find people in afluant areas genrally dont steel cars it the rougher area surrounding these areas where the car thieves come from. Bottom line if you live on rough estate your neighbours are rough as well so you would go knicking form better surrounding areas. Bit of a genralisation but you get my point, that it the nicer areas where people have nice cars and nice houses that are the victims usually so it should be the people in the nice areas that should have high insurance not the people in the rougher areas. Not trying to offend anyone from les well off area just making my point.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links