Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speedo And All Clocks Stop Working - Help !

Here is the story.

Had my car ( LS 400 (mk4)) in storage for a couple of months always worked like a dream. Came to start and Battery completly flat had to reboot the imobiliser by waiting six mins with the ignition on (thanks for the help from Neil at Bolton Lexus). Drive the car 50 miles and started fine next morning running like a dream. Driving along the motorway at a steady 70mph when all the dials go off including the A/C and the electric windows and the assisted steering, radio and seats work fine, stop car and restart and everythibg works fine again. Has anyone any idea on whats going on or is it the sign of impending doom

Strange things happen when the battery is about to fail have you had yours professionally tested?

I agree. My MKIV had a Battery failure just after I bought it (on the day I bought it in fact) and it was like a human body closing down.

First of all I had Headlight Levelling System error, then VSC inactive, or something came up, then it ran lumpy, then it died.

New Battery from Lexus for £55 (including Gold discount) and all is fine now.

Run the car into a local MDC or similar as they can check batteries and alternators.

Thanks

Mike

You should disconnect the Battery when leaving it to stand.... this happened to me it was stood for 6months when i got it and similar issues occured...

New Battery sorted it out at the time, but i did have the flickering dash syndrome a year later... nearly passed out when lexus said "it'll be £1400 fitted", got on here and managed to sort it for less than a tenth of that...

apart from that, all the electricals still work fine (except my window, but thats the plastic switch & not the motor!)

Dont even bother topping the water up, just get a new Battery

Thanks for your thoughts and input.

It looks like a new Battery might be the order of the day and hopefully that will solve the problem. It looks like the car might be shuting down any electrical system so save power. Is the dash nc speedo, tacho etc together with the speeed sensitive steering, air con and electric windows all on the same circuit ?? The seats, radio etc still continued to work, and all came back to life when I restarted the car.

Thanks for your thoughts and input.

It looks like a new battery might be the order of the day and hopefully that will solve the problem. It looks like the car might be shuting down any electrical system so save power. Is the dash nc speedo, tacho etc together with the speeed sensitive steering, air con and electric windows all on the same circuit ?? The seats, radio etc still continued to work, and all came back to life when I restarted the car.

It's the Battery. I had a new one fitted when the old one failed due to the cold weather, a cell had gone hence not charging. Even though my car started my dash lit up like a Christmas tree and no power steering. A new Battery fixed this and all ok since!! A cheap fix.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links