Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Screen Change

kirkyd

hi all need to change the screen in my is 200. is it poss to get one with a dark top tint? has anyone done this if so what does it look like? also how do i know if it is heated or not? thanks

Not sure about the dark top tint.

I still have the original screen (Seriously dinged and wiper now with added wiper blade scratches)

If you look at the bottom of your screen (assuming you still have one on the car)

The very bottom, where it is black. You will see the looping pattern of a rear heated screen.

The is200 only heats the bottom of the screen where the wiper blades sit.

Don't ask me why, maybe for economy lol.

Not sure about the dark top tint.

I still have the original screen (Seriously dinged and wiper now with added wiper blade scratches)

If you look at the bottom of your screen (assuming you still have one on the car)

The very bottom, where it is black. You will see the looping pattern of a rear heated screen.

The is200 only heats the bottom of the screen where the wiper blades sit.

Don't ask me why, maybe for economy lol.

I believe they only heat the bottom of the screen as ford apparently have the patent for the fully heated front screens, i could be wrong on that tho

hi all need to change the screen in my is 200. is it poss to get one with a dark top tint? has anyone done this if so what does it look like? also how do i know if it is heated or not? thanks

Are you going to change the screen yourself? If so what tools do you have to do this because I will be replacing mine soon just need the tools.

I replaced my old cars windscreens myself(when I was younger)as they were held in by rubber seals.

Wouldn't recommend you try and fit your own nowadays though.

Most modern car windscreens are physically BONDED (with some form of adhesive)to the car and gives extra strength and rigidity to the body and chassis.

I would leave it to the windscreen fitters but make sure it is well sealed. Is200's windscreens if not sealed correctly leak water down the inside of the car and into the fuse box.

Usual symptom of that happening is your headlights don't turn off.

not doing it myself

def a job for the expert

just wanted anyones opinion on top tint as i am sure i have seen one and thought it looked good before i get someone to do it

Just a word of caution here if you decide to fit a new screen yourself. I recently had my screen replaced by a well known company who did a botched job with the result mentioned in an earlier post. The screen leaked water into the fuse box, Result: The screen needed replacing/resealing which has been done at no cost but screen Company are haggling and disputing replacement cost of fuse box/battery and all the investigatory work involved by Lexus agents.

Make sure you get a genuine Lexus screen fitted and a cast iron guarantee re workmanship .

Hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links