Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220D High Fuel Consumption Survey

Hi All

I have created a survey at http://fs19.formsite.com/shepherd/form1/index.html

I have tried to include some questions realting to fuel economy on the IS220d and I think if more and more people fill in thier numbers on the survey we shall be able to understand the problem of high fuel consumption a bit more.

Please do let me know your comments about the survey but dont point out spelling mistakes :)

Thanks

I like your survey and have completed it but made a mistake. My total mileage is 49000 not 60 (I misread the question).

I also think you should add a "Don't know" option for when the EGR valves were cleaned.

The question about driving conditions could also be misleading in terms of giving an accurate indicator of fuel consumption. As an example, I use my car mainly to get to work. It's a 30 mile journey along mostly highway A roads, a short stretch of motorway and a B road. But for 10 miles of the early part of the journey to work along the highway A road, I'm actually in slow moving traffic and on the B road I can comfortably do between 40-50mph in 4/5th gear. I think that question could do with being a little broader.

I like your survey and have completed it but made a mistake. My total mileage is 49000 not 60 (I misread the question).

I also think you should add a "Don't know" option for when the EGR valves were cleaned.

The question about driving conditions could also be misleading in terms of giving an accurate indicator of fuel consumption. As an example, I use my car mainly to get to work. It's a 30 mile journey along mostly highway A roads, a short stretch of motorway and a B road. But for 10 miles of the early part of the journey to work along the highway A road, I'm actually in slow moving traffic and on the B road I can comfortably do between 40-50mph in 4/5th gear. I think that question could do with being a little broader.

OK. I have corrected your entry in the results. I tried to change the way questions were made up and it warned me that as data already existed in the results, any change to the main survey question may result in data being invalid. I tired to change it any way but my changes dont show up, so my guess is that I wont be able to change any questino now that it has been setup.

Some Analysis using excel and some XY graphs

1. Higher milage cars have tendancy to have lower MPG than newr Cars

2. Temperature may have a slight effect (i.e, warmer is better MPG) but all results are winter data so temperature spread is not too big to make a claim

3. A slight trend towards better MPG with fuel additives and branded fules and lower MPG towards supermarket fuels or no additives

4. milage since last EGR valve clean doesnot feel to make a significant difference

5. Sport models get significanly lower MPG than standard (very small data from sport model owners though)

Best MPG 46.7 motorway driving with new car

Worst MPG 28 sport model with high milage

Average milage 36MPG

bump!!

just to see if we can get some more results

Some more info- my 2007 went into dealer today for 40k service, and i had reported poor mpg and occasional Check VSC light coming on ( which seemed to impact mpg greatly).

They previously cleaned the EGR system, which made no difference to the mpg but did improve acceleration and throttle response. Today they have put in a warranty claim for a new diesel fuel pump. Considering i have done mainly motorway mileage ( hence 2 services in 4 months) with a high of around 37mpg whilst driving like diesel was £7 a gallon :), has anyone else had this (very expensive) part replaced?

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links