Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Firstly, thanks to all of the replies on assistance with insurance - that is now being worked on now.

I have now acquired my 91H LS400 with 167k and full service history. The only thing on the car inop is the air con readout which appears a common problem - sure I can live with it for a while !!!

I will however need to rectify some bodywork issues and wondered if there are any panel differences on the early cars i.e doors bumpers etc? I need to hopefully replace the 2 drivers side doors to save repairs due to dents etc (if anyone has 2 res metallic doors that would fit a 91 im interested). I would also like to get a spare key cut (assume there is no immobiliser in the key?) and would like to get a remote key to work the locking etc - any help or guidance will be very much appreciated.

Will no doubt have a million q's over the next short while but am looking forward to the experience of both the car and the forum :shifty:

Hi, welcome to LOC

Chris Vince on here does the aircon /temp readout / clock ( lights gone ) on your car BUT he's off the M3.

Is this anywhere near to you ?

If you wanted his email / phone no. let me know.

Malc

Ruud is organising a group buy of LCD screens for the 1993- 1994 models but may be able to add a 1990-1992 model one for you so send him a PM,this is just for the display you will have to organise the fitting unless you are OK with electronics and soldering.

Another member Benfur breaks LS400s and may be able to help with the doors and even the AC unit.

I don't think the keys have transponders mine is a 1994 import and doesn't but most key cutting places have a machine that can tell you if it has or not,keys cut are around £10.00.

If the remote key has just the one button,first try a new Battery and then reprogram the key to the car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links