Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Steering Wheel Adjustment

The automatic steering wheel adjustment on my Mk4 has decided to have a mind of its own all of a sudden. When you put the key in the ignition the wheel moves down a little but not to the position of the memory (seats etc all move to set memory position). The steering wheel moves up and down on the button but will not move in and out.

Questions :

1. is the "in and out" movement on a seperate fuse.

2. I have seen a fix on the forum for the "up and Down" movement but not the "in and out"

3. I can`t hear any motor working for the "in and Out" which suggests a problem.

Anyone else encountered this before ???

Hi Lewis

My steering wheel function stopped working 'on the key' quite suddenly over a year ago and after a lot of fiddling about I discovered that it, and some problems with the immobiliser not setting were simply a 'heads up' that the main Battery was on the blink. An overnight Battery charge restored everything to normal.

Of course it may not be the Battery in your case but I thought I would share my experience as it might save you an awful lot of time.

:winky:

Rod

It`s not the battery just fitted a new genuine lexus one and alternator charging at 14.2V, so looks like another area is the problem but thanks for the idea. Lewis.

If it continues to stick look on the USA LOC , mine was sticking and some one

in the US listed the fault and a DIY fix.

Worked for me...

I can only find a fix for the "up and down" movement but not the "In and Out". From what I have read the by the time the Mk4 was in production there had been several modifications to the system. Someone must have the same fault and come up with a solution any help would be apreciated. Regards Lewis

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links