Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Forced Decision Could Be Happening

...Would be interested to find out if this calming effect is the same for other people as well.

Mike

If everyone drove an LS there wouldn't be any road rage. In any car I've always found Cruise Control to be a great calmer. In an LS it's like Diazepam.

Absolutely. Got to visit reatives? no problem, at least you get to drive there in a Lexus. Long trip for work? no problem, relax and listen to some CD's. Traffic jam? who cares, I'm chilling in my Lexus

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while so I thought I'd update this. Having spoken to quite a few dealers it seems that very few are willing to take anything larger than a 2.0 in part ex unless there is a special reason to. Having spoken to a few private buyers too it seems that there are quite a few who will "call back once I've sorted out transport to come and see the car", or say "Sounds great, just checking the distance - I should be there in ..... hours (insert your favourite number here!), or "What's your bottom price?" without even seeing the car etc etc.

The upshot of which is no sale. So I've dropped the price, dropped the Pistonheads ad and stuck it on autotrader. But judging by the number of cars that are having their prices reduced it seems like the cutbacks and job losses in the economy are beginning to bite up here in the north west.

The sad story of UK right now .............. and us LS400 owners have an inordinate requirement for fuel too ............ 4.0ltrs is a bugger BUT there aren't too many 2.0ltr cars of a similar age that do a lot better fuel consumption wise I'm sure !

And of course the LS400 reliabilty factor makes the maintenace costs generally so low too compared to other marques.

Malc

Been a while so I thought I'd update this. Having spoken to quite a few dealers it seems that very few are willing to take anything larger than a 2.0 in part ex unless there is a special reason to. Having spoken to a few private buyers too it seems that there are quite a few who will "call back once I've sorted out transport to come and see the car", or say "Sounds great, just checking the distance - I should be there in ..... hours (insert your favourite number here!), or "What's your bottom price?" without even seeing the car etc etc.

The upshot of which is no sale. So I've dropped the price, dropped the Pistonheads ad and stuck it on autotrader. But judging by the number of cars that are having their prices reduced it seems like the cutbacks and job losses in the economy are beginning to bite up here in the north west.

You could try E-Bay. I bpurchased a Merc 500SE some years ago and had to scrap it due to rust. got my LS400 (150k miles) there also. Spent a bit on tyres and complete service with Lexus Wolverhapton.

Drives very well and wife (most important :winky: ) and I prefer it to Merc.

Just a thought. Anyway good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks.

People may be getting fed up with these updates now :P but I've decided to give eBay a go so I'm live on there tonight. I've made the ad as descriptive as possible. It looks like the market isn't paying around £1500-ish for something like my car anymore so lets see where we go. I think the 190k mileage is the biggest sticking point.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links