Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Ls400 Has Lost Its Memory!

My '95 LS has lost its steering wheel memory. When I take out the ignition key it politely moves the steering up and in, out of my way (there's actually no need as I'm not an overweight American for whom this feature was no doubt designed). However when I get back in again it forgets to put the steering wheel back where it found it, hence now having to re-adjust it every time. It this the avoidable onset of dementia for my dear old thing or is there a cure? :crybaby:

My '95 LS has lost its steering wheel memory. When I take out the ignition key it politely moves the steering up and in, out of my way (there's actually no need as I'm not an overweight American for whom this feature was no doubt designed). However when I get back in again it forgets to put the steering wheel back where it found it, hence now having to re-adjust it every time. It this the avoidable onset of dementia for my dear old thing or is there a cure? :crybaby:

It could well be dementia, or a bad connection on the computer involved, but have you tried reprograming it with the memory button on the door?

Its probably not the memory itself but resetting it will help after you've used the joystick to bring it up, out, down and in as far as it will go a few times 1st.

Eventually you will have to pad-out the washer in the motor housing but taking it through its full travel may overcome the problem for a while.

I am having a similar problem with my MK4. Steering wheel does the same thing but will not move in and out on the button, up and down is OK. Would love to know a fix to the problem, is there a seperate fuse for both up & down and In & Out ??

I am having a similar problem with my MK4. Steering wheel does the same thing but will not move in and out on the button, up and down is OK. Would love to know a fix to the problem, is there a seperate fuse for both up & down and In & Out ??

No, only 1 fuse and it protects various things so you would know if it was a fuse issue because other things eg indicators wouldn't work.

Thanks for all tips. Waggling it around and resetting the memory worked..... for about 2 days, now back to normal :whistling: Nevermind... just one of those little quirks that keeps it interesting

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links