Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Kits: 35W, 55W, 75W Or 100W!

I upgraded my halogen projector headlights to Xenon about 6 months ago.

In my other car, 156 selespeed i had some cheap chinese ones but this time, on my new car i bought an original, german made philips kit with 35w and 6000k colour.

My link

The difference initially was huge but 6 months later and when i compare it with the light output of some modern BMWs or some other Lexus models which have Xenon as standard, mine is way less. I mean it is not so strong when there is some other sources of light around.

In complete darkness they are very good.

So I'm thinking of changing the kit i have now (35w) to a 55w or maybe to a 75w.

Has anybody tried anything higher than 35watts?

The 55w I guess will produce the same ammount of heat as the standard halogen bulbs but I'm a bit worried about the 75w. I'm not even considering the 100w kit...

Any comments/feedback will be highly appreciated.

Rgds

G.T.

I've never seen any company advertise wattage over 55 with HIDs, mainly because although the light output of HIDs is so much higher, they still remain legal because they are within the 55w limit. If they are 75 or 100 watt then they would be classed as 'for off road use only'.

I personally wouldn't go over 55w either way because the wiring isn't designed to take huge current.

Also, if you want the most light output then go for a 5000K kit, its pure white with no blue tint and provides more visible light.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links