Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cd Player

Hi,

The Lexus IS 200 SE which I brought from Lexus Chester two weeks ago has developed the above problem, the car has 14000 miles on the clock and was a approved pre-owned car. I am not a happy bunny. I shall be in contact with Chester first thing in the morning, however the car belongs to my wife and she could do with out the hassel of this trip to Chester.

Any one had any problems with their CD loaders?

:angry:

Hi, firstly welcome to the club.

You mentioned the car has only 14,000 miles, so I am assuming it is a 'new' model (post 2000), as the pre 2000 cars did have a reccuring problem with ERR3, and the CD player jamming.

I personally have not suffered from this problem, are you able to change discs (i.e. from disc 3 to 2 to 1 etc..) and have to tried ejecting all other discs?

My apologies for not being much help, and hopefully someone will be able to offer a solution for you soon.

I would definatley speak to the dealer, whether you sort the problem yourself or not.

Rgds Ian.

The unit is a Fujitsu, and they Fujitsu have a modification to fix it. The dealer will swap your unit out with a repaired one, and should be okay from then on.

It will be done under warranty, but because it is a "known" problem, they suggested it can be done for free even if just out of warranty too.

They will return your CDs, but takes a few weeks to get them back otherwise

YOU CAN RESET THE CD PLAYER BY REMOVING THE FUSE MARKED RADIO1 IN THE FUSE BOX UNDER THE BONNET. THE RADIO PRESETS SHOULD REMAIN AND THE CD PLAYER WILL PERFORM A REBOOT AFTER WHICH ALL SHOULD BE OK.

Thanks for your help and tips.

Lexus Chester have been in contact, once again they have not let me down, coming out to my home one everning this week to replace my CD player.

I think that is outstanding service after dealing with Ford and Rover in the past.

Once again thanks for your time.

Just a quick question, any idea how many Aztec Fire IS 200's are on the road in the UK? Never seen one except my wifes....lots of Black, Green and Blue versions.

Hi,

Latest news on the CD player:-

Lexus Chester have sent one of their guys out to my home to replace the CD player, he left aabout an hour ago, from my complaint on Monday to replacement I make it four working days, outstanding service by Lexus Chester!!!!!

Regards

Kopite 321 04-07-2003 18.00pm :D

Hi,

Latest news on the CD player:-

Lexus Chester have sent one of their guys out to my home to replace the CD player, he left about an hour ago, from my complaint on Monday to replacement I make it four working days, outstanding service by Lexus Chester!!!!!

Regards

Kopite 321 04-07-2003 18.00pm :D

.............. Just a quick question, any idea how many Aztec Fire IS 200's  are on the road in the UK? ...

Careful,

You'll start another bun fight on which is the best colour.

:lol: :lol:

Check this thread out for some fun discussions on colour.

See HERE

Also, don't forget to check out our wonderful gallery, for sone piccys of the various colours..

See Gallery HERE

By the way, congrats on the car and a big welcome to the club.... :hocus-pokus:

Got any piccys of it yet?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links