Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Service Details

finest1

hi all,

can someone explain or point me to a resource regarding the details of the lexus servicing criteria A (intermediate or minor) and B (full or major).

i phoned up nearest dealer who quoted me £245 for intermediate. when i asked her what it entailed, she said oil change and filter! i said to her surely that can't be it! she did admit she was covering in the department and not very technical, so give her a break! i've tried to find out on internet but i got no results. however there is a company called "prestige servicing" who are quoting £250 for a major service, will stamp book, and list all their criteria of checks. i just wanted to compare, as i obviously want to go with lexus.

so has anyone got any experiences of non lexus brand servicing, and what was your experiences and also a lexus criteria list regarding servicing

many thanks

finest1

ps, car is IS250 but i don't think that matters, or does it

Have a look at this...

http://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/lexuscare/service-your-lexus/essential-care-service-plans.aspx

Lexus fixed price servicing offers.

Normal price for an IS series major service is £259, I emailed my local dealer and asked if I could supply my own oils (engine, transmission, diff etc.) which I've already bought.

To which they replied "Yes sir, oils are charged at £77.41 so we will deduct that from the cost of the service, the total will now be £171.58"

So I'm going to get Lexus to do the 'essential major service' with my own oils to get the stamp in the book, but then take it to my local garage to get some of the other bits which are not included in their service such as coolant change done. :)

thanks for your quick reply. im driving an 2006 IS250 does this apply to me then? yours is a IS200, maybe the price is because your car is older

The Lexus website only specifies 'IS Series' which covers IS200/IS300/IS250/IS200 etc.

The only requirement I've just noticed is that the car needs to be over 5 years old from date of first registration...so it depends exactly when in 2006 your car was registered as to whether or not it is eligible. Should be on the V5 I think?

hi,

date of first reg is 07/07/2006! not sure if that qualifies as over 5 years!! phoned up lexus again, and they still quoted the same £245. the operator said that the oils are changed and/or topped up and a health check done. she said because its had its full 60K service they're quite confident thats all it needs for now. i will phone her again and ask her if i qualify for over 5 year rule

thanks

finest1

hi,

date of first reg is 07/07/2006! not sure if that qualifies as over 5 years!! phoned up lexus again, and they still quoted the same £245. the operator said that the oils are changed and/or topped up and a health check done. she said because its had its full 60K service they're quite confident thats all it needs for now. i will phone her again and ask her if i qualify for over 5 year rule

thanks

finest1

You will qualify as your car is over 5 yrs old. The cost should be £129. When I enquired about the service I was told (by Lexus Coventry) that the service was "a proper service but did not restore the car to factory spec." Not sure if a Lexus stamp goes in book either as I was given conflicting answers.

an update from lexus woodford.

the 5yr essential care does not include the IS250 models.

the service book is not stamped but you get a report type sheet indicating what's been done, so its almost like a stamp

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links