Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Refurb Alloys

ShelleyEspo

Looking for some advice please....

I have just bought an IS220 which needs work done on all 4 wheels. They are all rusting and bubbling and they look pretty bad. I got the car from my dad who mentioned a recall on the alloys a while back, although he didn't do anything about it as they looked fine at the time (???).

Is this likely to mean that there will be long term problems with the alloys even if I do get them fixed or should a good refurb sort them out?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks for reading.

Looking for some advice please....

I have just bought an IS220 which needs work done on all 4 wheels. They are all rusting and bubbling and they look pretty bad. I got the car from my dad who mentioned a recall on the alloys a while back, although he didn't do anything about it as they looked fine at the time (???).

Is this likely to mean that there will be long term problems with the alloys even if I do get them fixed or should a good refurb sort them out?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks for reading.

Hi,not too sure about the alloy wheel recall,however a good refurb if done properly should sort them out.

Like scudney said, a refurb will fix them up nicely. The problem isn't with the alloy metal istelf. It's just Lexus being tight with the lacquer again like they were on the 1st gen IS series.

Like scudney said, a refurb will fix them up nicely. The problem isn't with the alloy metal istelf. It's just Lexus being tight with the lacquer again like they were on the 1st gen IS series.

I'm getting quotes for around four hundred quid, which is a lot of money to spend on a 9 year old car.

If I went for the cheap option of painting over the diamond coat, would that ruin the look?

What's a reasonable price?

There's loads of info/price comparisons on THIS thread. But I'd stay well clear of whoever quoted you £400!!

I got mine done by a company called 'Pristine Alloys' who were the company Lexus contracted out to do all the recall jobs originally so their work is top quality!

For a set of 4 you would be looking at about £270 and thats including the diamond cut faces!

You can either take your wheels off and be without your car for a few days. Or they offer a wheel exchange program, where they send a new set of wheels to your local Pristine Agent, you take your car along and they swap over the wheels and tyres on the spot. So you lose your car for no longer than it takes to change a set of tyres, it's a brilliant service.

Their website is http://www.pristinealloywheels.co.uk/

Here's a picture of one of my 17" 5-spokes with diamond cut face...

DSC00361.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

And one of the 18" aero wheels they did for me aswell...

DSC00330.jpg

DSC00331.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links