Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello :)

Once i've fixed the rear susp issues i might treat the car to new wheels... i been reading up & see there aren't many that fit straight away.. am i right in thinking this?

i'm not too bothered about what type of wheel it is as the current ones do look tatty & i took the nut covers off cos the paint had come off most of them... i had to coat the nuts in wd40 for 24hrs before taking the wheel off .... this annoted me & made me realise the car needs bringing back up to the sort of condition it should be...

Will the is200 & sportcross wheels fit? there seem to be a few of these on eBay?? I cant afford new ones due to all rear bushings and rear springs need replacing too... and the egr pipe.. amongst some other minor issues :(

dont understand the offset but believe it to be 50???

does anyone know the correct specs and what i should be avoiding???

most wheels from Japanese cars have the same 114 x 5 hole stud pattern. most will have a similar ET (offset , distance between the center and mating surface of the wheel) i think anything from 35-50 will look OK.

IIRC the main issue is clearance of the ls400 brakes. The 16" OEM ones only clear the caliper by less than 10mm.

so the 16" IS200 wheels should fit. larger 17+ ones definitely.

I've posted this link many times,perhaps it ought to be a sticky but here it is again.

If you look at the Lexus wheel spec you can then compare with other manufacturers to see what is compatible, also remember the bore (ie the hole in the wheel where it fits over the hub) must also be the same although you can get adaptors (spigot rings( for around a tenner should you buy wheels with this being larger than the 60.1mm Lexus size.

As already said there are a lot of other Japanese cars using the same type of wheels for example Nissan Skylines and Mazda RX7/8 even some domestic models so have a good look on the list find out which fit and start searching.

http://www.carlsalter.com/wheel_fitments.html

Manc, Go on youtube and search for, i think, deals on wheels. You should be able to find it by searching Lexus LS400 as well. On the program they bought an LS for £1500 and amongst other things changed the wheels for IS wheels.

Personally i didnt like them but im just an old Worthers Original sucking fart who thinks that things were better in the old days.

Its wheeler dealers with Mike Brewer and Ed China. Love that program been watching it for years :)

I can't find that edition anywhere-I have watched it on youtube some time ago, but it doesn't appear on there now.

The LS400 featured in Series 4 Episodes 11 and 12 where Edd fitted HID lights, replaced the suspension arm bushes, fixed the stereo LCD (replaced the LCD panel), and repainted the bumper. They even sold it for a small (£192) profit.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links