Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I drove my Ls400 from Ireland to Northern Finland. Only problem I had was that cd-player died, but I reseted the fuse and it started to work again. Thats about it, the picture tells mpg and miles. Not too bad for 1998 year car that has over 150k miles in the clock.

283431_10150281108798914_602713913_7644679_5971091_n.jpg

Can I ask what speed you normally cruise at?

The journey itself sounds cool, by the way! I'm very tempted to drive up through Norway, when I have the time, though I know that the roads are often not the best! I believe that Norwegians call their main south to north road the "alcohol road". This is because it was paid for by increasing the taxes on alcoholic drinks. Previous to it's being built, the only way to get up through Norway was to use one of the Hurtigruten car ferries that still go up and down Norway's coast.

In my experience, the people in Norway are lovely. I hope you enjoy your time in Finland!

Well, the thing is that after Germany mpg was around 25, but since in Finland I drove about 700km in almost empty roads, cruise to set around 80-110km/h it improved the mpg a lot.

The journey was cool, although quite exhausting to drive so long and specially since I was the only driver. The route was Ireland-France-Belgium-Holland-Germany-Finland:)

No Norway this time, maybe next time then,

cheers

I wonder how many other cars of that age you'd contemplate doing such a long journey in? I still get slightly anxious before doing a 500-mile trip in this country, though the Lex has never given me any cause for concern. And tomorrow it gets serviced, so Brighton to Suffolk (return) next month should be a breeze. Last time I averaged 33mpg by wafting gently along at 60-70 mph.

I drive to South Germany on a regular bassis in mine, Sometimes I check the oil before I go

I may start worrying if its going to get me there when its got 500,000 miles on it. With 167,000 It feels just about run in. I still have the hump that ive had to replace 2 brake light bulbs in the past 3 years though ;)

Gave the 460 a run out in June....we drove from Cumbria to Venice non stop other than petrol {and the Eurotunnel of course }.....took 26 hours....whilst the car was fantastic...

I still would have Loved to have done it in my old 203 thousand mile 400....we came back over the next 8 days through Europe....it was a great adventure....recommended :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links