Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Eibach Lowering Springs

Rob

hi all , i finally fitted my springs after a month of waiting, fitted the fronts ok + the difference was immediate but for the rears, fitting was a bit more tricky, and now here is the wierd part, after i had fitted them the gap between the arches and tyre was greater than before!!! mmmm i thought, lots of head scratching and making sure i had not re fitted the original springs. i went for a quick drive and when i returned the gap was as it should have been about 30 mm lower. Not exactly sure why this was but it must be to do with the strut????

answers on a postcard please.

cheers.

hi,

if you notice before you jack a car up the wheels are toeing out slightly. and when you start to jack the car up the wheels then start to toe in. hence when you let the jack down after,they stay toeing in until they rotate a few times and settle down. that why the car sat high untill you drove it.. i think ;)

When doing shox, be careful of your bushes :blink:

Always do up the nuts etc with the cars weight on the wheels.

That way, bushes are settled pretty much where they'll be in normal running.

If you tighten them up with the car hanging in the air, then lower it ...

the bushes will twist and get shredded in no time at all.

I'm amazed how many so called 'professional' companies fail at this :angry:

Obviously it depends on how much you undid during the fitting.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links