Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Altezza Spec

Guest mark_tsang

Guest mark_tsang

i notice Altezza got no headlight adjust, im certain uk spec IS200 does, does it matter if it dont have this feature? & you adjust it from the outside from headlights?

also no dimming switch feature on dashboard which you set how bright/dim you want dash to be. which uk spec IS200 has im fairly sure. these are small features, why dont they come standard on Altezza but does on UK/Europe IS200?

is same with my uk spec 98 mazda 323f (sold last wk), these features are standard on uk spec but not on japan/asia spec 323f.

As it's an import, it is exempt from certain things, like electric-levelling headlamps.

Market forces mean that most jap car sacrifice some functionality (in the case of the Altezza, the electric seats, headlamp washers, leather seats, lighted door reflectors etc) for more power or other features.

In the UK, certain things are expected and indeed necessary to sell the car, so they are added.

My excuse is that all that gimmickry makes the car heavier... :whistling:

Asam :lol:

In Japan you have a large choice of options. So it depends what the owner ordered when it was new. Also some things are not as important in one country to another. Leather for example is not a big issue in Japan so it's an option and not standard.

In the UK we have the choice of colour!

• 1 month later...

Toyota Japan sells much more Altezzas then the entire Lexus volume in Europe. Therefore, it is for Toyota Japan more cost efficient to make more versions of the Altezza. They also sell many special edition packages in Japan with these cars, together with strip down versions. Only the last 6 - 8 years European cars started to sold with more standard options. I remember the day in Holland that a Euro 50,000 Mercedes-Benz (in 1990) was standard delivered WITHOUT Aircon, alloy rims, electr. windows, central lock, .. ,

Leather is not a requirement in Japan, even the Harrier and Aristo can be delivered without leather. Also, many Altezza fans do not like the leather. They think it is too slippery when curving. :)

Alex

• 1 year later...

Leather is not a requirement in Japan, even the Harrier and Aristo can be delivered without leather. Also, many Altezza fans do not like the leather. They think it is too slippery when curving. :)

Alex

I got half leather electrics seats the grab on to you and look the business

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links