Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Current Mods To Is200

Barry XXMM

Hey guys im Barry B) I joined a few weeks back :-

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=74268

Ive been busy sorting some bits and pieces out on the Lexus, im really happy with it so thought i would share some progress pics with you, Thanks!

Tom's Filter Fitted:-

img1675l.jpg

Calipers Refurbed:-

img1693to.jpg

img1694ol.jpg

img1694ol.jpg

img1695dg.jpg

img1690k.jpg

img1692f.jpg

img1691of.jpg

img1701d.jpg

img1708ku.jpg

img1709pd.jpg

Strut Brace Fitted:- (Had to move relay box out of the way whilst fitting but nothing too hard)

img1714e.jpg

img1715r.jpg

img1717o.jpg

looks good mate!

unfortunately not many IS200 modders on here, they're all on Out lawjapclub

Thanks for the heads up and kind words Stav. Always like doing bits to motors whatever i own lol.

This is the most luxury ive had from a car though to be honest :)

• 2 months later...

Looking good mate! I've also got an Sapphire Blue IS200. Gonna paint the wheels white and the calipers red with white decals. White wheels should look good with the crystal white xenon's fitted. Wanna be a bit different lol.

• 11 months later...

Forgot i hadn't updated this for a while so i will throw some pics up tonight :)

Fitted first lot of bolts & washers tonight as im an impatient sod :)

img1739qs.jpg

img1740x.jpg

img1741n.jpg

img1742lt.jpg

img1743dc.jpg

New bolts, cooling panel and tie bar all fitted and engine plastics cleaned.

car1wk.jpg

car2mo.jpg

car3q.jpg

car4e.jpg

Boot light on the IS is pretty naff so ordered up 2 x 30 SMD LED light strips to mount in the boot, pics of this to follow.

In the mean time i ordered from China some T10 and T5 SMD LED bulbs to change my dash and IGN barrel lights from the standard orangey tinge glow to blue to match the car.

Pics :-

Daylight

img1791mq.jpg

Covered With Towel

img1793o.jpg

IGN Barrel

img1790g.jpg

IGN Barrel and Hald Dash under Towel

img1794j.jpg

Few up to date engine shots and LED eyebrows 8-)

img2497e.jpgimg2498mu.jpg

img2499l.jpgimg2500i.jpg

img2501v.jpg

And the magic box arrived today :)

img2496xj.jpg

Got in from work early today so took some pics, excuse the filth shes due a wash before Saturday :)

img2511l.jpg

img2512mf.jpg

img2514i.jpgimg2515nj.jpg

img2516bd.jpg

img2513y.jpg

Fitted my dial kit and clock trim and gotta say im chuffed to bits so thanks Jason! :)

photo4udi.jpgphotoshy.jpg

photo3xn.jpgphoto2lb.jpg

Small update, chrome A/C rings on and look great :w00t:

photo6ux.jpg

photo8lf.jpg

The blue dials look really nice indeed. I take it that the bulbs for the radio and climate are white and have orange film behind the LCD so can't be changed?

Not a fan of the Audi DRL I want to be a Christmas tree light tbh....

Ray, The lights behind the A/C controls can be can be changed my mate says but are a complete pain to do. Prob a 5 min job for a man of your expertise! Not sure about the stereo. Their the only bulbs still standard on his altezza and if he successfully does his he'll do mine :) agree about the Audi DRL's not a fan sorry :whistling: Lovin all the other mods especially the callipers.

My mate put LED DRL'S in his fog lights. Looks brilliant!

Cheers Chris,

Did you post a list of all bulb type/sizes lately. I might have to get some LED's now :whistling:

Like the callipers but I don't know what colour to paint them. Blue, black, silver or red. On my last car I painted them silver. Not too 'loud' but it looked clean.

Cheers Chris,

Did you post a list of all bulb type/sizes lately. I might have to get some LED's now :whistling:

Like the callipers but I don't know what colour to paint them. Blue, black, silver or red. On my last car I painted them silver. Not too 'loud' but it looked clean.

No it was Matt-C who posted all the bulb types. That could have done with a pin in it to be honest so we can all look them up quickly! :)

I want my callipers done silver, if I were you I'd get blue to match the car like the OP :)

Thanks for all the comments guys. the DRL's are a bit marmite i know but i love them :)

As for the Rad panel Rigga its the only one thats made for the IS200 and it flows air directly over the rad to the intake to stop you taking warm air from the rad. I love it, it is more bling than function in all honesty but thanks for the heads up.

No its not the only one for the is, I think you'll find that's the type for those that are running a induction kit mine has a cutaway.section right where the standard intake is to allow air to be channeled through from the grille that's after all the initial way it gets its air

Pic of mine here

http://www.**********...ead.php?t=11846

As you can see air is taken before it flows through the rad and gets heated up by the rad the only air your intake is getting is around the closed bonnet edge and is severely restricting the volume the engine is seeing.

And these panels are not just cosmetic as they do work well in directing more cold air through the radiator to improve cooling efficiency i have one on my impreza and it made a noticable improvement ..... yours is stopping any fresh cold air from reaching your intake and the only air your engine is now seeing is warm engine bay air ......but if your happy with it .

Yeah you have the newer designed one mine is nearly 2 years old, Robin H is the only person i know that makes them and yours is the most up to date cut out available as someone on OJC pointed out.

These pictures are all quite old that i posted bar the dials and chrome rings everything is from last year and year before. Thanks anyway.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links