Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Tank Size

GJD

I was under the impression that the fuel tank size on the CT was 45 litres.

However, I have never been able to get more than 35 litres in mine, not even when it has been showing the warning light for miles or down to zero cruising range (which it appears to plummit to very quickly once it gets to about 10 / 15 miles to go according to the trip computer)

Any ideas / same issue?

Lexus fuel gauges seem across the range to indicate empty but there is still significant reserve in the tank, a much better approach than the gauge showing a 1/4 tank and the car runs out of petrol!

I was once in a situation where I was empty and not familiar with the area but still with a light foot drove another 20 odd miles before I found a petrol station and that was in an LS400!

As you correctly state the specifications say 45 litre capacity so if you can only get 35 in there it must have a 10 litre reserve even when the low fuel warning light comes on.

One thing you could try and this applies to other models is to open the fuel filler flap and close it again, this resets the trip computer, then see if the gauge has actually moved up without putting any fuel in.

Have you got used to pulling out of junctions in complete silence thinking the car has stalled only to be propelled away on the electric motor? Also wouldn't it be nice if the regenerative braking as well as charging the Battery pack also put petrol back into the tank! One Day maybe.

• Like 1

Managed to get 54.32 litres into a 55 litre tank once ... (Rover 420 - nasty car). Whereas one of my dad's Mundano's ended up going jumpy-jumpy and didn't take all its petrol capacity at the service station half a mile down the road.

I like the having lots of reserve capacity thing :lol: I've always judged my "when to fuel up?" on the miles I've done. So the Focus would be 300 miles in urban or 400 miles on motorway. Not done enough miles yet in the CT to know its range. Must do something about that :winky:

Well, I tried opening the fuel cap etc, made no difference (assume you have to shove something in there????)

But, today coming back from a near 500 mile round trip, got down to zero cruising range and kept going......for another 30 miles and still only managed to get 37L in when I refuelled. MPG for this trip? 57.8mpg and that is without even trying.......

Have to say, I totally LOVE this car, cannot understand the people who slate it, I can find no faults what so ever, continually get high 50s MPG, ride is fine, toys superb etc etc

after my very bad IS (D) experience this has totally restored my faith in Lexus as a brand

Lexus fuel gauges seem across the range to indicate empty but there is still significant reserve in the tank, a much better approach than the gauge showing a 1/4 tank and the car runs out of petrol!

I was once in a situation where I was empty and not familiar with the area but still with a light foot drove another 20 odd miles before I found a petrol station and that was in an LS400!

As you correctly state the specifications say 45 litre capacity so if you can only get 35 in there it must have a 10 litre reserve even when the low fuel warning light comes on.

One thing you could try and this applies to other models is to open the fuel filler flap and close it again, this resets the trip computer, then see if the gauge has actually moved up without putting any fuel in.

Have you got used to pulling out of junctions in complete silence thinking the car has stalled only to be propelled away on the electric motor? Also wouldn't it be nice if the regenerative braking as well as charging the battery pack also put petrol back into the tank! One Day maybe.

The quietness is amazing, probably do not quite appreciate it inside the car, let a work colleague drive it once whilst I was outside the car and you then really do appreciate the spookiness of quietness........

loving it!

The quietness is amazing, probably do not quite appreciate it inside the car, let a work colleague drive it once whilst I was outside the car and you then really do appreciate the spookiness of quietness........

Almost had my first victim yesterday :whistling: It was someone smoking outside a building and otherwise doing nothing but woolgathering. She just happened to be where the cars circle through that mini-carpark ...

I got out, gave the Big Grin and asked if she could hear me creeping up behind her, with the answer to "no - I never heard a thing :blush: " being "Hey Cool B) "

We both went away grinning so that's another for I-Love-My-Lexus :driving:

loving it!

Me too !

PS Chances of anyone else getting a chance to drive my CT are Slim To Non Existent. If it moves, I'm going to be the one behind the wheel :lol:

Almost had my first victim yesterday :whistling: It was someone smoking outside a building and otherwise doing nothing but woolgathering. She just happened to be where the cars circle through that mini-carpark ...

I got out, gave the Big Grin and asked if she could hear me creeping up behind her, with the answer to "no - I never heard a thing :blush: " being "Hey Cool B) "

We both went away grinning so that's another for I-Love-My-Lexus :driving:

The other day I was parked at night in a dark car park in my RX400h. I was waiting for my wife who was taking so I made sure the lights were off and crawled forward slowly towards the exit on electric as though going to leave her behind. My kids were laughing their heads off. :hehe: We were near silent but she still noticed us... :whistling:

Sorry :offtopic:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links