Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Wear Rx450H

Just inspecting the front tyre wear as the outside edges are very worn, looking at the tyre I have 5mm on the inside 4mm Middle & 3mm on the outside going to 0mm on the very outside edge.

Any one else got this issue, is it just the way the car is having so much power to the front tyres. :angry:

I had this problem with my RX300 - straightforward a question of setting the car up correctly. Nothing special to the RX just an ordinary problem you could have with any car.

It did in fact cure the issue effectively.

I have a friend with an RX-450 which is. Only 18 months old, and is suffering he same problem. Are they coming out of the factory that way ??

No, I think that it is a question of driving over pot holes etc (not in short supply) togther with humps, kerbs and any other obstructions. My RX400 has never given this problem but I now do watch cause and effect carefully.

The Bridgestones on my RX-350 have worn he same way. Reading various posts it seems to be a fairly common complaint. Not sure if getting the tracking sort would help.

Mark

I posted my findings on this at some length last year ( search : Tyres and geometry - money well spent). The RX will eat tyres unless properly set up. All mine needed was tracking to get well over 22,500 miles from the front tyres. Not bad in my opinion - especially when you see how much two tyres cost!

Alan

The Bridgestones on my RX-350 have worn he same way. Reading various posts it seems to be a fairly common complaint. Not sure if getting the tracking sort would help.

Mark

I posted my findings on this at some length last year ( search : Tyres and geometry - money well spent). The RX will eat tyres unless properly set up. All mine needed was tracking to get well over 22,500 miles from the front tyres. Not bad in my opinion - especially when you see how much two tyres cost!

Alan

Agree

Get the car set up by someone who knows what they are doing, watch for any signs of uneven wear (avid pot holes etc where practical) than have any deviation corrected promptly.

22,500 mils and more is quite easily attained.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links