Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Phone Query

My SEL auto answered my incoming calls after a few seconds but the same phone in the ISF does not & the H/book is no help.Anyone know how to activate this option please?

Tel

My SEL auto answered my incoming calls after a few seconds but the same phone in the ISF does not & the H/book is no help.Anyone know how to activate this option please?

Tel

Tel, It's in the Navigation System Owners Manual that is the same for ISF/IS250/IS220D. Page 158 shows the screen setting for auto answer (on or off), and the length of time you desire before it activates.

Tango,

My Page 158 is a Certificate of Conformity & there is no Auto -Answer Page in the H/Book!Assume your Access SOP for Auto Answer would work for me(?)

Lexus Derby have a new 2010 ISF in the Showroom ----I will ask them to help too.

Thanks!

Tel

Derby have excelled again in that we have confirmed this a.m. that the latest MM Systems do not appear to support this key Safety Feature---Lexus GB have been asked to confirm or otherwise so we shall see------Thanks!

Tel

Derby have excelled again in that we have confirmed this a.m. that the latest MM Systems do not appear to support this key Safety Feature---Lexus GB have been asked to confirm or otherwise so we shall see------Thanks!

Tel

It's not really a safety feature though is it? Isn't there an answer button on the steering wheel?

What kind of phone do you have? On my Galaxy S2 I can set it up so that it auto answers when connected to a headset and doesn't at other times, so it's possible you might be able to set your phone up to do this if the car doesn't support it.

Phone is Nokia C7 & Auto Answer is a facility I have used for years.

A quick google search uncovered this:

You can activate automatic answer from Menu > Settings > Phone > Accessories > Headset > Automatic answer

Let me know if it works! :)

Thank you so much for your help but the Auto Answer feature is vehicle based, as described by Tango above, but when they changed to HDD Navigation in 2010 Model Year they appear to have omitted this key feature----Lexus GB have yet to reply to Derby-----I will let you know.

Tel

Thank you so much for your help but the Auto Answer feature is vehicle based, as described by Tango above, but when they changed to HDD Navigation in 2010 Model Year they appear to have omitted this key feature----Lexus GB have yet to reply to Derby-----I will let you know.

Tel

In actual fact it's not vehicle based, either the car side can be set up to auto answer, or the phone can be set up to auto answer. When the car is set to auto answer, all it is effectively doing is telling the phone to answer via Bluetooth. If the phone does it on its own, then it's the same end result.

Doesn't matter which way round it is - give it a go, you might be pleasantly surprised :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links