Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My IS 250 F- Sport MY 2011 came with the Navigation System.

That included a radio of course.

Does anyone know how to mute the radio?

This does not appear to be covered in the Ownner's Manual.

Argento

You can adjust the Nav volume but you can't set the radio to mute when the Nav system gives instructions.

I thought this was strange too (in a car with a 300W audio system!;)). This and the lack of full postcode input compromise what is otherwise a pretty good system.

Simon_D, thanks for this.

I did not explain it very well.

I meant just listening to the radio with the SatNav off.

There still seems to be no way to mute it.

I agree it seems strange.

I did not realise that is a 300W system. Wow!

The sound is excellent.

This is a de-badged Pioneer system isn't it?

I can't believe they've not got the mute functionality in there somewhere.

Lets see if the others have any ideas.

<This and the lack of full postcode input ...>

That does not bother me too much I'm pleased to say.

Probably because I had to live with the same thing on my VW Golf GTI for five years - Blaupunkt.

Argento

You can adjust the Nav volume but you can't set the radio to mute when the Nav system gives instructions.

I thought this was strange too (in a car with a 300W audio system!;)). This and the lack of full postcode input compromise what is otherwise a pretty good system.

The sound is excellent.

Probably because I had to live with the same thing on my VW Golf GTI for five years - Blaupunkt.

Argento

Argento, your sat nav does have full post code input. Again this is something Lexus updated on the later HDD nav models.

The Sound system is made by Pioneer and is pretty good. Not sure if it is 300w though as thats the Mark Levinson system I think Simon D was referring to. I have no idea why Lexus doesnt even offer this as an option on their 2011MY IS250's. I dont think there is a Mute function though.

Oddly the cars without nav have a mute button, while cars with nav don't have a mute button.

Having said that though, our Merc has a mute button but I barely use it - switching the system on and off is just as quick and that has a bigger easier to find button!

F.A., thanks. I'm sure you're right.

I don't know why I thought it was not full post code input.

Thanks also for clarifying the 300W.

In any case, I'm delighted with the sound system.

Plenty of power and clarity for me.

Argento

The sound is excellent.

Argento

Argento, your sat nav does have full post code input. Again this is something Lexus updated on the later HDD nav models.

The Sound system is made by Pioneer and is pretty good. Not sure if it is 300w though as thats the Mark Levinson system I think Simon D was referring to. I have no idea why Lexus doesnt even offer this as an option on their 2011MY IS250's. I dont think there is a Mute function though.

Parthiban, <Oddly the cars without nav have a mute button,.... ..>

That's interesting isn't it.

I'll just use the big fat on'off button!

Life's too short to spend time finding another solution or mute button :)

Thanks, Argento

Oddly the cars without nav have a mute button, while cars with nav don't have a mute button.

Having said that though, our Merc has a mute button but I barely use it - switching the system on and off is just as quick and that has a bigger easier to find button!

Simon_D, no problem.

A work around but not a full solution is:

assuming the TA function is "Off"

press TA once - to give the selected programme & traffice announcements

press TA again (twice) to mute the radio and give only traffic annnouncements.

press TA again (third time)to turn TA function "Off"

I still like your idea of just using the on/off/volume control ;)

Argento

Whoops, I didn't realise that the later models had changed. Thanks for clearing that up.

I find the on/off/volume control, however, to be perfectly placed and easier to use than the steering wheel controls.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links