Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

Can somebody recommend tyre sizes for me please. Currently they have 235/35/19 on front and and 265/30/19 on rear (not on my car). Just wondering if they will fit without rubbing/catching on the arches etc.

I was thinking either 255/40/19 all round or 255/45/19? Anyone got 19s on their car? I missed a set of ls430 18s 5 spoke (gutted) I know the ride will change but if it's that bad, I'll be back on the 16s till I can get some DHPs or ls430 wheels :)

Thanks in advance

It depends on other things like the wheel offset and suspension set up.

Hi Steve, the wheels are ET30 and were originally on a Toyota Supra mk4. My suspension is standard and it will probably stay that way. Hope this helps. Thanks :)

What is the width of of the wheels?

I'm currently running 8.5*19" ET20 on the front, with 205/40R19, and 9.5*19" ET35 on the rear with 225/40R19.

If you are planning on running 19" wheels with low profile tyres on a standard suspension car, it will look awful, you'll have massive arch gaps that will give the appearance of a 4x4.

CIMG1326.jpg

This was with Tanabe lowering springs, with a 2" drop at the front and 3" at the back.

CIMG1341.jpg

This is on coilovers, another inch at the front and rear drop.

You're car looks sweet (lowrideruk) :)

I will check the width of the wheels tomorrow and post up here. True, the car will look silly with standard suspension and low profile tyres on it. I currently have a bazuka in the boot (120 litre lpg tank) so suspension is lower than the front! I don't really fancy messing with the suspension. Would I be able to get away with putting a higher profile tyre on? I know it will look a little weird but wont affect the ride too much. With maybe a 50 on front and 45 on rear?

Thanks in advance

its a personal preference but in the 2nd pic lowrider the car looks crippled , or as my teenager would say "slammed" :blush:

i like a lowered appearance but sometimes when too low it spoils the overall look of a car :shifty:

I will check the width of the wheels tomorrow and post up here. True, the car will look silly with standard suspension and low profile tyres on it. I currently have a bazuka in the boot (120 litre lpg tank) so suspension is lower than the front! I don't really fancy messing with the suspension. Would I be able to get away with putting a higher profile tyre on? I know it will look a little weird but wont affect the ride too much. With maybe a 50 on front and 45 on rear?

Thanks in advance

If your car is lower at the rear, how would putting a lower profile tyre on the rear of the car help? You'd make the rear even lower!

Series 50 profile tyres will be far too big for a 19" wheel to maintain the rolling radius against the original specification. You could try a 45 profile on the rear, and a 40 profile on the front, but I still think the car will look odd with 19" wheels and stock suspension.

its a personal preference but in the 2nd pic lowrider the car looks crippled , or as my teenager would say "slammed" :blush:

i like a lowered appearance but sometimes when too low it spoils the overall look of a car :shifty:

You're right, it is 'slammed' but certainly not 'crippled', as it's still clears all but the most savage of speedbumps.

There's no such thing as 'too low' in visual terms, only in practical terms. That's where adjustable air suspension comes in, probably my next port of call.

Thanks in advance

If your car is lower at the rear, how would putting a lower profile tyre on the rear of the car help? You'd make the rear even lower!

Series 50 profile tyres will be far too big for a 19" wheel to maintain the rolling radius against the original specification. You could try a 45 profile on the rear, and a 40 profile on the front, but I still think the car will look odd with 19" wheels and stock suspension.

Sorry, what I meant was 50 on the rear and 45 on the front!! lol

I know what you mean. Which springs will suit the ls? I will probably lower the front a little more than the back. Will lowering my car affect the ride? I don't really want to loose the comfortable ride. Worst case I will have to sell the 19s and go for maybe the 18s off an ls430 2004 type. Like the silver one above :)

Thanks in advance

Sorry, what I meant was 50 on the rear and 45 on the front!! lol

I know what you mean. Which springs will suit the ls? I will probably lower the front a little more than the back. Will lowering my car affect the ride? I don't really want to loose the comfortable ride. Worst case I will have to sell the 19s and go for maybe the 18s off an ls430 2004 type. Like the silver one above :)

The first of my two pics are the Tanabe springs, which are now surplus to my requirements. I only did about 1000 miles on them before buying the coilovers. The car still cleared speedbumps easily, and the ride was only marginally firmer than stock Lexus springs.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links