Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello folks, I am seeking an answer to a Bluetooth question please. I am not too brill when trying to use all of this latest technology, I am fairly good at using a pc and my phone but sometimes I come up against a brick wall so need a little guidance. I have set my phone up for use in the car and have in fact used it on a couple of accasions, incoming and outgoing. However, when I leave the car and then return to it, I thought that my phone would automatically reconnect to the system but it doesn't. I thought that I had set it up to 'Auto-Connect' but this doesn't seem to be the case. Is there something that I have not done or, do you have to reset the system each time that you use the car? Many thanks for any help that might be forthcoming.

I have checked the set-up and it is set for auto-connect but my phone just keeps on beeping each time that I get in the car. Before finishing this reply, I went outside to try it again and this time I opened up my phone and there was a message asking if I wanted to 'auto-connect' I pressed the 'yes' button and the beeping stopped so I assume from this that from that point on I am fully connected. I assume that this same message will appear each time that I get into the car with my phone, so all I have to do is open it up and press the 'yes' button and all will be OK. Thanks for your help.

If you have the Bluetooth facility switched on, on your phone and the cars Bluetooth is set for auto connect it should connect automatically each time you enter the car.

There should be no need to press any buttons when it auto connects.

You will see the top of the IS250 MM display show a Bluetooth connected message scroll on and off.

This has worked for me using a basic Nokia 2730 and a Sony Erisson Xperia Ray.

Here is the Lexus Bluetooth compatabilit check page if that helps but I think you know your phone is connecting:

http://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/lexuscare/reference-library/bluetooth-compatibility-check.aspx

Also, there is a video based "how to" on pairing your Bluetooth phone at this link:

http://www.lexus.com/lexus-share/demos/IS/assets/interior/DVDNav_Gen5_IS/Lexus_nav.html

Select the "How To" and scroll down to Pair a Bluetooth Phone.

Thanks.

There should be no need to press any buttons when it auto connects.

You will see the top of the IS250 MM display show a bluetooth connected message scroll on and off.

This has worked for me using a basic Nokia 2730 and a Sony Erisson Xperia Ray.

Here is the Lexus bluetooth compatabilit check page if that helps but I think you know your phone is connecting:

http://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/lexuscare/reference-library/bluetooth-compatibility-check.aspx

Also, there is a video based "how to" on pairing your bluetooth phone at this link:

http://www.lexus.com/lexus-share/demos/IS/assets/interior/DVDNav_Gen5_IS/Lexus_nav.html

Select the "How To" and scroll down to Pair a Bluetooth Phone.

Thanks.

I now have the matter sorted. The system is set to 'auto-connect' and all I have to do each time I get in the car is open up my phone and say 'yes' to the question on the screen and it is then all systems go. Thanks for all the help. The video link is most helpful, thanks too for that.

Hi again, Thanks for that. I will have a look at the phone setting to see if I can do anything about that. I have treated myself to a decent phone now (an iphone) so hopefully that will work better than my old Samsung.

Glad you are all sorted but you still should not need to say "yes" on your phone everytime.

The phone should be able to be set with "auto connect" too with the Lexus bluetooth.

Check your phone setup.

Thanks.

Today I have 'paired' my new Iphone to the system in the car and yes it now connects automatically each time I get into the car, so all now sorted. Thanks to all who offered assistance.

Hi again, Thanks for that. I will have a look at the phone setting to see if I can do anything about that. I have treated myself to a decent phone now (an iphone) so hopefully that will work better than my old Samsung.

Glad you are all sorted but you still should not need to say "yes" on your phone everytime.

The phone should be able to be set with "auto connect" too with the Lexus bluetooth.

Check your phone setup.

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links