Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Day Running Lights

JezaLexy99

Hi all. i got a pair of day running lights last weekend...i was told i could either hook them up to my original headlight system, so they only come on when i put either side or dipped/main beams on, wich is the easiest way, or i can hook them up to something that comes on when the ignition comes on., like radio or actual ignition., so that they are on during day time aswell., which is what i want. just wondering what i could hook them up to and what is most accessible to hook them up to as i couldnt really find anything when i had a brief search last weekend??? im guessing once ive found the live wire i want to put them on i could just use the connectors that u crimp on?? any help would be great, would like to try n do them tomorrow. ta very much.

• 2 weeks later...

If you havent done this already its dead easy. take your side lights out so you can so you can stick the wires from the drls in to find positive and negative then like you say just get some scotch locks and crimp them on. mine are on my side lights.

Hi all. i got a pair of day running lights last weekend...i was told i could either hook them up to my original headlight system, so they only come on when i put either side or dipped/main beams on, wich is the easiest way, or i can hook them up to something that comes on when the ignition comes on., like radio or actual ignition., so that they are on during day time aswell., which is what i want. just wondering what i could hook them up to and what is most accessible to hook them up to as i couldnt really find anything when i had a brief search last weekend??? im guessing once ive found the live wire i want to put them on i could just use the connectors that u crimp on?? any help would be great, would like to try n do them tomorrow. ta very much.

The whole point of DRL's is that they illuminate when your other lights are off. They should come on with your ignition and go off when any of your lights are switched on.

The whole point of DRL's is that they illuminate when your other lights are off. They should come on with your ignition and go off when any of your lights are switched on.

Yeh i no...thats what i want. I DONT want them to come on when i have my main lights on., as u say..its abit pointless. want them on during the day being the only lights.

scotch locks...........you might as well bare the wires twist them together and tape up with masking tape

haha..yeh i no..cant say ive got much faith left in them after using them on previous cars :crybaby:

Ok mate didnt know that about the moisture. Im a sparky and its not like normal electrics have that kind of problem. Is this because auto electrics are "sensitive" so to speak? Im in the process of installing halo lights, so now I know that want to do them properly.

cheers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links