Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Is200 Sport Problem With Coil Packs

Hi there,

I had a 2nd hand lower mileage engine fitted recently but had to use my old coil packs which have had to have 3 replaced in the last year or so.

The car has started to run really lump again when starting from cold but 15 minutes into a journey it ran normally again.

However, yesterday the engine warning light flashed and then stayed on solidly.

A diagnostic found multiple mis-fires on cylinders 2,4 and 5. When it was cleared the light came back on and the diagnostic machine then read mis-fire in cylinder 4 only.

My mechanic reckons I'll need 6 band new coil packs (which will be v. expensive). Does anyone have any advice or indeed 6 coil packs for sale?

The car recently had a set of IK20 sparks fitted.

Many thanks in advance.

Bill

eBay is your best bet mate also have you checked the plugs?the gaps could be wrong or the garage that fitted the engine might of cleaned them with a wire brush which you cant do

Hey,

Thanks for the reply mate.

I watched the plugs going in so I know that they weren't brushed. Is it easy to rectify the gaps between the plugs if that's an issue?

Also, my mechanic recommends 6 new coil packs...Do you reckon I should avoid second-hand low mileage coil packs?

Cheers

Bill

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links