Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All,

Does anyone know where is the cheapest place to buy a replacement key fob? How much are they? Do you know how much Lexus would charge to program it to my car?

Thanks.

Alex

Hi All,

Does anyone know where is the cheapest place to buy a replacement key fob? How much are they? Do you know how much Lexus would charge to program it to my car?

Thanks.

Alex

Hi Alex,

a genuine key and blade would cost you £284.77 inc vat and programming retail from me but I do not know what other dealers will charge.

You also cannot reprogramme second hand remotes for these cars :(

Andy

Hi All,

Thanks.

Alex

Hi Alex,

a genuine key and blade would cost you £284.77 inc vat and programming retail from me but I do not know what other dealers will charge.

Andy

HI Andy,

I did not realise it is that expensive!

I better not lose my 2 key remotes.

Hi All,

Thanks.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Andy

HI Andy,

Might be worth checking if your car or house insurance covers your keys just in case ;)

Andy

Hi All,

Thanks.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Andy

HI Andy,

Might be worth checking if your car or house insurance covers your keys just in case ;)

Andy

Thanks for the advice!

There is a secondhand Genuine FOB on eBay at the moment going for a very good price.

You cannot reprogramme second hand remotes for these cars :(

Andy

I can second that, the wifes is220d has one fob. So I purchased one of fleabay, it was advertised in new condition and with a blank key (paid £30). The chip was thought to blank/unprogrammed, unfortunately not the case.

I've taken it to a few programmers, including a contact in Toyota and a very good indie programmer and two lexus dealerships.

Toyota -- too afraid to try incase they lost it altogether

former Lexus dealer (Arnold Clark Glasgow) - no help, not interested to try unless I was buying the fob from them

new Lexus dealer - not sure, need to see they're programmer who's on holiday and turned out to be the indie that I contact on a recommendation from a friend.

Indie - can't remove the old programming to pair with the car/key.

would like another, but £280... but need to do something in case the wife ends up with the £2.5K ECU bill (although she drove he last car with 1 key for 8 years)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links