Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dubbed Adverts - God! How I Hate Them! :tsktsk:

Cullers

Does anyone else share my absolute hatred *seeth* of the increasing number of dubbed advertisements on TV?

More and more adverts are obviously dubbed from a foreign language and whats more its so obvious!

Uncle Bens rice, seemingly every cleaning product or air freshner seems to be cheaply imported advertisements. No doubt car adverts are as well but at least you don't get the worst lip syncing that since 1970's Top of the Pops! I deliberately avoid buying products which are of this genre. grrrrrrr.... rant over! :)

Does anyone else share my absolute hatred *seeth* of the increasing number of dubbed advertisements on TV?

More and more adverts are obviously dubbed from a foreign language and whats more its so obvious!

Uncle Bens rice, seemingly every cleaning product or air freshner seems to be cheaply imported advertisements. No doubt car adverts are as well but at least you don't get the worst lip syncing that since 1970's Top of the Pops! I deliberately avoid buying products which are of this genre. grrrrrrr.... rant over! :)

I agree with you totally, why should we invest our hard earned money in these products if the company can't be bothered to invest their money in an advert aimed at the country they want to sell to.

Another thing that annoys me is car makers that don't swap the direction of the wiper blade sweep for the right hand drive market.

Having said all that, please can you keep buying Uncle Bens products as I work in the factory that produces them and it's their money that keeps my Lexus on the road. :winky:

Steve

Two which spring to mind is the car ad with Fernando Alonso,it's almost as bad as a Hong Kong Kung Fu film

and the yoghurt ad with those emaciated women..

Not one of them bints has had much as a mouthful of rice crispies in their gob in the past 6 months never mind a yoghurt.

i'm sure you'l make an exception for this overdubbing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_tVHWtXjDs&feature=related

still makes me laugh & ive seen it at least 8 times

Lol - fair enough about the Uncle Bens but I'd have thought it was an American company/brand? Don't understand why the advert (I am guessing) was originally done in French.

Yes, you are right, it is an American company.

It is part of the Mars (the chocolate bar) group.

Maybe they have had to save some money to pay for all the new equipment they are installing in our factory at the moment. :winky:

I agree with you totally, why should we invest our hard earned money in these products if the company can't be bothered to invest their money in an advert aimed at the country they want to sell to.

Another thing that annoys me is car makers that don't swap the direction of the wiper blade sweep for the right hand drive market.

Having said all that, please can you keep buying Uncle Bens products as I work in the factory that produces them and it's their money that keeps my Lexus on the road. :winky:

Steve

As LOC members I think we should fully support Steve by buying more Uncle Ben's Rice. :D :D :D

To help you find it in your local shops this picture should help.

home_productpng268423pixels.png

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links