Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Gracenote Cddb Updates

Hi, first post here having bought a 2010 F-Sport IS 250 last week.

Noticed that the multimedia setup isn't recognising many CDs so rang local Lexus about an update.

No one knew what I was on about !

I've even found the Lexus PDF doc online which details how they do it !

I'll not mention which dealer at this stage. Anyone had a successful update ?

Thanks in advance.

• 11 months later...

I suspect F.A. will have the answer for this.

Updating the gracenote database...I'm not sure at all. But do share what you have found out. Can you put up a link to that pdf you describe?

@Bardolphs... are all your CD's genuine or are they copies? I have found some of my own copies are not recognized completely correctly. I suspect this is due to my error at the copy stage. I have made good use of the record facility on the ML system. This allows copying of CD's onto the HDD.

The map detail is updatable by purchasing a USB which is then plugged into the HDD. Obviously this would be purchased from Lexus. My maps are 2010 and so far I have found them excellent in every respect. Hope to go to France next year so that could be a little more testing.

• 2 weeks later...

Not so much an answer.. But a sort of update.

Had a new cd for crimbo that I wanted to hear in the car. I loaded it and pressed ' record ' to save onto the hard drive, then set off listening to the cd. I was not studying the screen as I was driving but noticed at the first set of lights the data was recorded as today's date and NO DATA. Was not particularly bothered as I knew you can edit the details of music held on the HDD.

The mistake I made was hitting the record button a bit too quick. I should have loaded the disc and let it play for a bit to allow the system to read all the data from the cd.

Editing doesn't take long though. You put in the album and artist and then change each track name accordingly. Don't forget to erase TRACK (1) etc before typing new track name!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links