Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Awaiting Delivery Date, Depends On Wheel Size

loobyloo

Hello everyone. Wanted to come and pick your brains as I'm in a quandary. I am expecting delivery of a new CT200h SE-L Premier. I've just been advised that I can either have it in three weeks time with 17 inch wheels, or wait until mid March for the 16 inch wheels I originally ordered. Apparently everyone is ordering 16 inch wheels and they now have a back log. I ordered the 16s because I am getting old and lazy and just want as comfy a ride as possible. Thing is though, I'm not techy minded, so I don't know if 16 will make much of a difference compared to the 17s. I assume that the suspension etc is all set up for 17s anyway, so may minimise the effect of the 16s.

What do you think .. will the 16 inch wheels really be that much more comfortable?

Hello everyone. Wanted to come and pick your brains as I'm in a quandary. I am expecting delivery of a new CT200h SE-L Premier. I've just been advised that I can either have it in three weeks time with 17 inch wheels, or wait until mid March for the 16 inch wheels I originally ordered. Apparently everyone is ordering 16 inch wheels and they now have a back log. I ordered the 16s because I am getting old and lazy and just want as comfy a ride as possible. Thing is though, I'm not techy minded, so I don't know if 16 will make much of a difference compared to the 17s. I assume that the suspension etc is all set up for 17s anyway, so may minimise the effect of the 16s.

What do you think .. will the 16 inch wheels really be that much more comfortable?

Personally, I'd stick with the 16's, the lower profile 17's give a harder ride (but not as hard as my SLK!) and being low profile, the alloy rims are easy to kerb. Just my experience.

That's exactly what I've done. I reminded myself of the reason I ordered them, less road noise, softer ride, less chance of kerbing them. So it looks like I'll get a new 12 plate car now, mid to late March.

I have 17 inch wheels with the Lateral Damping System and the ride is very comfortable, just a lot less body roll than the Gen 3 Prius I had previously.

Road noise will depend more on what tyres are fitted not the wheel size.

Personally, I think the 17 inch wheels look much better on the car.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

don't overlook that replacement 16-inch tyres are about two-thirds the price of 17s. On our other cars (Volvos) the ride is more comfortable with the 16s than the 17s, and the roadholding seems to be much the same.

I have 17's but I wish I had gone with 16's as I have kerbed them twice now, grrrrrr. Now I now why in Japan everyone parks a foot from any kerbs.

Do you think the Lateral Damping System makes a big difference to the ride? It's not an option on the SE-I or SE-L, just the Premier, I wonder why?

I have just bought an ex demo SE-i and was asked whether I would like to have some new 17" wheels and tyres for free. Not having read any of these threads, I had come to the same conclusions ie less curbing, marginally softer ride, cheaper tyres for 16" and Sporty good looks for the 17" along with slightly better handling if I were to be skilled enough to expoit it.

I stuck with the 16" and am quite pleased with my decision from what I have read here.

• 2 weeks later...

My Lexus arrived last week, with the 16 inch wheels. I LOVE IT. I've got mine on a three year lease thing through work, and I suspect I'm going to be loathe to let it go at the end of the term.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links