Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Mechanics Lexus Is200 Project Car.

I posted a while ago that Car Mechanics Magazine were to purchase a Cat D accident damaged IS200 as one of there project cars.

I have just received my February issue and the feature is now running and will probably run for 4 or 5 further issues as the car is repaired,serviced and brought back to a roadworthy condition.

I subscribe to the magazine but before then I used to get my copy at W.H.Smiths but your local newsagent could probably order it for you.

General release date is the 19th of February 2012.

There is also a BOGOF offer on subscriptions giving you another 12 months free if you buy the 12 month subscription package.

The LOC also gets a mention with the link to the website so a bit of promotion for our club.

Noticed this, and had a quick read, the water in the boot thing i have the same problem, bit concerned that there main remedy though is to drill a hole, there has got to be a better way ?

There have been boot water ingress problems with the LS and most were sorted by removing the boot rubber trim,cleaning it and the boot lip where it fits and then applying silicon sealant before refitting.

Also the light clusters were the problem so again removal of them, a good clean and silicon sealer sorted the problem.

There was also a write up on fitting drain tubes on the corners of the drain channel nearest the window because if you park the car facing down hill water collects here then overflows into the boot.

• 1 month later...

Update , the article in the April issue (out now ) ; part 3 may be of more interest to members as it covers the basic service for plugs ,oil and filter change and pollen filter .They say they are covering the cam belt change in the JUNE ISSUE . I think they paid a lot of money for the Denso plugs £97.70 !!!! .

there is also a useful practical write up on understanding and using a multimeter ( always handy for those among us who are electrically challenged )

Just bought this today, useful info with pics on how to do some basic changes. Not sure about setting the heater controls to re-circulate first before changing pollen filter. I changed mine with no problems and its not recommended in the handbook. Makes for a good read.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links