Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remote Key Fob Help

Stuboswel

• 5 months later...

I understand ( but dont shoot me if this is wrong!) that on the mark 1's you put the key in the ignition, turn the key to on, leave it for about 30 secs and the car will talk to the key.

Apparently, it wont work on my Mark 2 ( duh!!)

• 3 weeks later...

Easy! As far as I understand it, the system just needs to re-synchronise because the fob Battery was removed. This also applied if the car Battery is temporarily disconnected for any reason.

My Lexus is a Mk2 GS300, registered Aug 2000.

Simply insert the key into the ignition and switch the ignition on. The key should be left in there for, I believe, about 20 minutes with the driver's door open.

Obviously, don't leave the car unattended at this time, or it might not be there when youe return!!

During this time, the system re-synchronises and when you turn the ignition off and then on again....... it should start!

I hope this was helpful.

This thread has confused me as I collected my new (2003) GS 430 on Monday and found the key fob battery was flat. Had new battery fitted, and in my ignorance, jumped in, turned the key and drove off? was I lucky?

No mate, not lucky. You need to put the key in the "on" position for six minutes if the main car Battery is removed/disconnected. The fob will normally work fine with just a straight Battery switch, although sometimes the rolling code may go out of sync and require a few goes to re-sync itself. The process is different for mk1 and mk2 cars though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links