Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys, I'm Anuj 20 and have a mk1 sport

I've been on the site for years but usually browse the ls forums,

Anyway basically to cut a long story short, we live in Liverpool, and our cousin from London spotted a gs300 sport mk1 to his specification in lex Liverpool,

He came down And. Bought the car, it was around 1 year old with 2000 miles on it. Anyway, ever since the day he bought it, we said we would buy that car whenever he's ready. He was training to be a pilot and used the car very little. Full lex history always fuelled on same stuff etc. he took b good care of it. Then in 08 we got the call he no longer needs it and we could take it. So with no hesitation we handed over the money and brought it back to Liverpool. I was 17 at the time and took my. Brothers 03 honda accord sport so he could have the gs.

He used the car for 1 year totalling around 20k miles. Due to the 20 mpg this was clearly no good so he purchased another honda accord, this time a diesel estate. This left the gs As a weekend car.

At this point we had. More cars than drivers

A van

04 ls430

97 gs300

03 accord

54 accord

I would have liked to take the gs but the 8k insurance, was slightly out of reach :-/

I however loved my honda too, (will add pics tonight,) and had no intention of changing, untill my mate who works in lex Lpool, told me he was selling an immaculate 1 lady owner is300 with full kit. After a quick drive, and insurance quote, I'd found Sumthing I wanted more than my accord, so up for sale she went, within 2 days somebody had arranged to come down that weekend to take it, he was from southwales, anyway he took it that day, and I called my lex mate to take the is, unfortunately whilst parked up not advertised in Lexus Liverpool somebody had spotted it and told the sale manager he wanted it, he didn't know my mate already had me interested an sold it. I was then left with a 1.3 combo van :-/

Few months later after debating what to do, I spotted insure the box insurance, I finally found a reasonable insurance for the gs, and snapped it up.!!! I was made up absolutely love the car. So not too long after was service time. Put it this way the easiest thing was to write it off, I had to sign a letter to say lex Lpool dont advise u to drive this car as it is unsafe...

And drafted up a 4.5k bill. All suspensions and brakes. I questioned what to do for all about 10 seconds and decided to get it all done from a mate,

So ball joints

Track rod ends

Lower arms

Upper arms

Drilled and grooved front discs

Upgraded rears

Shockers

Calipers

A front strut bar

And a few other things later

The car was back to being a beaut, almost

I since added

Hid headlights

LED indicators and sidelights

Had the wheels professionally refurbed and repaired by pristine wheel in mk.

Then took the car to wim to get 4 Brandnew Michelin pilot sport ps2s fitted and aligned...

I've since used the car around 6k miles and it drives perfect, no faults wat so ever, took it from Watford to Glasgow after wim and it was perfect.

I took it in for service and mot last week and they couldn't fault it, the lex service manager said its in excellent condition and he's hardly seen a car never mind this age with all green lights. I was made up!!

Added a k&n panel filter now and booking in for full exhaust system and rear tints within Nxt couple of weeks, and then a lower half respray

And upgraded sub later in the year.. thanks for reading and I will add pics soon!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links