Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Two Lexus Options Which One To Opt For?

Got myself a dilemma found another IS 250 which is automatic with the multimedia ML pack, same mileage at 49k.

So which do I jump for the manual or automatic any change in reliability? The auto is £9k and the manual being £7500. Which would you opt for? Would the 3 owners at 49k Miles put you off?

So in summary:

1st : IS 250 Manual

1 Owner, 49k mileage.

06 Registration

Full Lexus service history.

£7500

2nd: IS 250 Auto

3 Owners, 49k Mileage

55 registration.

Full 6 stamp Lexus dealership history.

Multimedia pack, parking sensor monitor etc, Mark Levison speaker system.

£8500

Both come with 1 year Lexus warranty.

If your buying from Lexus then your pretty much safe as houses'......go in and ask to see the service history, owners info etc......may have been a demo car to start........but as I say...go for the Auto....it's a crackin drive.......and you can use your phone, smoke and drink without needing to worry about changing gear :phone: ..............has it got flappydappy gear change on the steering wheel? thats a bonus if it has.

Merry Xmas

If your buying from Lexus then your pretty much safe as houses'......go in and ask to see the service history, owners info etc......may have been a demo car to start........but as I say...go for the Auto....it's a crackin drive.......and you can use your phone, smoke and drink without needing to worry about changing gear :phone: ..............has it got flappydappy gear change on the steering wheel? thats a bonus if it has.

Merry Xmas

Cheers, yes from Lexus dealer, was originally a Lexus owned car, then a man, then lady, so yeah assuming it was a demo car. Got the 'flappydappy gear change' too ha, will be test driving today at 4pm.

Lexus just replaced the front discs and pads, so not bad going and also the V belt - Not a major problem right?

I'd go for the Auto - I used to own one, fantastic car. The Multimedia pack is well worth it too.

Depending on when the Manual car was registered, it may be £400 per year road tax, but the Auto will be £265 - not a massive difference, but something to consider.

In my opinion, the Auto is a much better car and worth the extra £££

Gone and put the deposit down for the IS 250 Auto, with multimedia pack from Lexus showroom. In total £8860, 49k miles. Fairly decent deal? Can't find any more multimedia packs with this low mileage at this price being the auto... Done well or just average? Hopefully picking it up tomorrow.

Good choice. I have a IS250 SEL auto that I bought two months ago. Having previously owned a Honda Accord Executive. The differences are vast. The Lexus is by far the best car I have owned so car. The autobox is sublime.

Good choice. I have a IS250 SEL auto that I bought two months ago. Having previously owned a Honda Accord Executive. The differences are vast. The Lexus is by far the best car I have owned so car. The autobox is sublime.

That's great, deal wise was it ok, £8860

My PC at work doesn't like this updated forum :(

Was the price I managed to get it at fairly decent? £8500 from Lexus, with multimedia pack SE, 49k mileage and auto 250 with paddle shift.

Thats a pretty good price. I bought mine from an independent and paid £8995. It had full Lexus service history up to 31k. It had 36k on the clock when I bought. Mines having the master cylinder recall done next week and a oil change soon.

My neighbour owns a garage and services mine and all my friends cars at reasonable rates. Seeing as my car is out of warranty, i don't see the need to pay Lexus prices. I will buy Toyota parts and give them to my mechanic use.

Thats a pretty good price. I bought mine from an independent and paid £8995. It had full Lexus service history up to 31k. It had 36k on the clock when I bought. Mines having the master cylinder recall done next week and a oil change soon.

My neighbour owns a garage and services mine and all my friends cars at reasonable rates. Seeing as my car is out of warranty, i don't see the need to pay Lexus prices. I will buy Toyota parts and give them to my mechanic use.

Nice, how do I know if my call needs any recalls at all? Cheers

To add, the Auto every time. It has better characteristics, more economical, the manual can be slightly notch. If you buy a Lexus, it has to be a Petrol Auto. The Multimedia is superb.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links