Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Acquired a 1999 GS 300 SE on Friday and i am still trying to get to grips with all the equipment it has.

Went for a spin today and my wife was cold and I was not warm but ok even though temp at 30 degrees.

She said cold air was coming out of the vents her side but mine was fine.

Is there a flap which directs the air stuck?

Any help please

Thanks

Gary

Should be dual on a 1999, did you get the owners handbook and have you read it for operation of the climate control system?

There are servo motors that are ECU controlled for air flow direction and warm air/cold air mixing.

Too complicated to explain here but if you don't have the handbook I would get one, have a look on eBay.

Poor air flow is normally down to the pollen filter being clogged, this is located at the rear of the passenger glove box behind the cover,chances are it has never been replaced so will be clogged and full of leaves.

Either replace it or wash and refit.

Poor air flow is normally down to the pollen filter being clogged, this is located at the rear of the passenger glove box behind the cover,chances are it has never been replaced so will be clogged and full of leaves.

Either replace it or wash and refit.

Doesn't appear to be poor airflow.......just difference in temperature of air between driver outlet and passenger outlet. That's why I suspected dual zone cc/ac which may not have been set correctly or is faulty.

I was going to ask something on the same lines. The temp gauge takes 1 to 3 mls to reach 3-o-clock and stays there under all driving conditions. It takes about 1/2 ml for warm air to come out but never gets HOT only very comfortable. After a longish drive cold air comes from the L/H dash vents, my side stays the same. As Steve said I'll look in the book for advise and I've tried it in dual and individual settings with plenty air flow from the blower. Wait till it gets warmer to change/clean the pollen filter.......and to think I used to be a rough tough construction worker!!

thanks for your ideas, i have a manual and i do have a dual button, but playing around today when driving did not seem to make any diffferance.

I will check the filter.

Also why no rear wiper? i do miss not having one there.

Gary

Also why no rear wiper? i do miss not having one there.

Gary

My wifes car has rear wiper and they are very handy I agree but your GS is a saloon not a hatchback/fastback which is why there is no rear wiper. Have a look around at other saloon cars........how many have rear wiper?

Still no luck with the heating on left side, read manual and played around but nothing, it’s like 2 cars sliced down the middle, even the screen vents are hot drivers side cold passenger.

Got a long hot/cold drive to Southampton Saturday so that should be fun, any other ideas appreciated.

Gary

• 4 years later...

Not sure if it is the same problem but I've got something similar in my previous Honda Accord.

It was due to low pressure in air con system because of insufficient amount of cooling agent (r134a) or whatever it is called in English. After regassing it everything went back to normal.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links