Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sc430's- How Many Owned By Forum Members?

Fred Bassett

I live in Wiltshire and I see a blue SC430 most mornings on my way to work. Older fella driving it about 56-60 I reckon! It's in mint condition. Its a good looking car. I always thought they were slow, did not realise they had a 4.3 V8!!

yeh hes not doing justice to that 4.3 V8

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Has everyone else read the manual and worked out how to get the door mirrors to dip when you select reverse?

Door mirror settings - centre for off, full right or left for automatic dipping on selecting reverse gear.

If this doesn't work, then a fault has occurred.

• Like 1

• 8 years later...

I have only owned mine for a week. A 54 plate, 111k, with a few issues to fix.. Parking brake doesn't work. Key separated from fob.. Got replaced for £39 yesterday, but want a spare made. My rear sensors are beeping on reverse selection too... A problem I fixed on a recent car.. the alloy sensors corrode and bubble up and fool them, so you need to scrape the paint off to bare metal and repaint. A quick job. It smells a bit rich and petrol/exhausty too, so need to get that looked at.. Seems a bit sluggish too, through only running short and summer journeys for 10 years.

Ged

• Like 1

Hi, I'm from Holmfirth near Huddersfield in Yorkshire.

At 61 years old I have finally got the car of my dreams, a SC430, 2007, 84k in silver with ivory trim.

It's not perfect but it is beautiful to me and it is part of my enjoyment to upgrade, improve and even repair things on it.

My son Tom (Lexiguy Junior) is a petrolhead like me and loves working on it and riding in it. A bonus is he can still squeeze in the back for family runs.

I enjoy meeting other SC enthusiasts and recently attended the meeting near Sleaford where over 30 SC's turned up!

In Huddersfield there are two more SC's and I have made a point of speaking to their owners.

20210718_123614.thumb.jpg.ba3a5705c978c2bc5a1f5dafb2a048a6.jpg20210804_110155.thumb.jpg.61724416b765dc6869013b08c4bfb8ab.jpg20210828_070050.thumb.jpg.7145a955d18a20276336baa21951b84e.jpg

• Like 1

I got mine in June this year, a 2007 with 46,000 miles in matador red with Ecru trim, love it but may have to sell it soon due to illness. The only thing I have had done is get "Preserve and Protect" in Glasgow to do their rustproofing service.

• Like 1

Hi Jim

Your car sounds beautiful, great colour combination and I sincerely hope you can continue to enjoy it for some time.

You are fortunate to get such a perfect car, I have a list of jobs as long as a toilet roll with entries vying for position. I hope to get it the best it can be.

Do you have any pics and have you seen any more SC's in your area?

Anthony 

6 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

Hi Jim

Your car sounds beautiful, great colour combination and I sincerely hope you can continue to enjoy it for some time.

You are fortunate to get such a perfect car, I have a list of jobs as long as a toilet roll with entries vying for position. I hope to get it the best it can be.

Do you have any pics and have you seen any more SC's in your area?

Anthony 

Thanks Anthony, will take some pics when I'm up and and about soon I hope. I only ever remember seeing one other SC in my area but that was nearly 20 years ago, however 2 friends each day they knew somebody that had one. I have attached some pics I took from the dealer website before I bought the car. I got a year's warranty with it and so far I have had to claim for a non working CD player and driver's seat belt very slow to return. Cheers for now, Jim 

IMG_20210607_194711597.jpg

IMG_20210607_194803080.jpg

IMG_20210607_194650715.jpg

IMG_20210607_194605203.jpg

IMG_20210607_194548111.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links