Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Location Of Oxygen Sensor Rx300

Hi guys -

Currently got a Lexus RX300 02 reg - got a problem - VSC light is on, on the dash - diagnostic check shows code P1135 - I believe this is one of the Oxy sensors - would anyone know the location of this on the car ?? and does anyone think I'd be able to access and change this myself? Also, does anyone know how to reset the codes - is it possible to do this by disconecting the Battery negative terminal?

Thanks for any help.

Hi, that'll be the Air/fuel sensor bank 1 sensor 1....which is the sensor on the manifold (not further down the exhaust pipe), don't quote me as I do not have a manual to hand but I think bank one is the manifold at the back of the engine near the firewall (not the front manifold near the radiator), please confirm this before changing it of course. I am sure somebody here will chirp in if I am mistaken!

There are two A/F sensors one on each manifold and an O2 sensor just after the catalyst under the vehicle.

Thx m8 - Good info - I'm currently having a go at doing the job (havin a prob with disconecting the plug) - does anyone know whether you can reset the codes by disconecting the negative off the battery?? Thanks.

Yep, but not the whole power grid just the fuel injection fuse, needs to be taken out for about 30 seconds, that will reset codes.

If you need help with the sensor take a look at this thread http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-first-generation/521880-oxygen-sensor-o2-bank-1-sensor-2-diy.html , quite honestly the US forum is far better for any DIY technical help.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links