Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member! Got A Few Questions?

subbs

Hi everyone,

New to the club, just got myself an is200 last week :D Very pleased with it so far and the club has been helpfull just reading buying guides and how to manuals etc.

Lex1.jpg

Has a few bruises and scrapes that need sorting but apart from that it seems pretty sound. The only problems ive found so far are the wheel well being full of water. I took the seals out and dried the boot out now but am i right in thinking this is a common problem with the sunroof drain being blocked? If so where about does the drain pass through the boot and does it just need a blast with an air hose through the drain?

Also it seems to run quite hot heating up to just under half way up the temperature gauge quickly and staying there constantly? Is this normal for Is200's? I don't think ive heard the radiator fan come on at all yet either?

Thanks in advance hope to hear back and become part of the club.

Hi,not too sure about how best to deal with the possible blockage,however the temperature and temperature guage are quite normal - they do heat up pretty quickly and the guage usually does stay at about 1/2

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

I think this is the same as the GS300 where the sunroof drains pass into the boot on both sides and then through the boot floor via a grommet seal, what can happen is the plastic pipes get pulled out of the grommets and empty the water into the boot.

There is also according to another member a plastic air vent grille on one side behind the bumper which apparently can allow water to enter the boot if not sealed properly.

Another thing to check is the boot rubber seal.

On the LS if the car is parked facing downhill water can collect in the drain channel corners near the rear window and overflow into the boot.

If the sunroof drains are blocked some thick nylon cord like strimmer cord can be used as a probe.

Thanks for all the quick replies! I'l have to check into the leak situation as soon as i get a chance. Might just take the boot seal off anyway and reseal it just incase and try clean the drains out anyway.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links